GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Her TSI her way

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Why were the wheels powdered?
We had to redo them. The original guy shot the teal powder over chrome (not powder) and the teal was starting to flake. We had them redone although my wife preferred the original color.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I know it's not to everyone's liking but my wife's happy and it seems to get a lot of compliments especially from women aged 5 to 85. I'm still in need of a decent camera or more so the skills to use it.
The TSI will be on the dyno soon just to get an idea of what a FBO 1.8T actually does with an IS20. Unfortunately no baseline run but I have one of my GTI bone stock from the same dyno. I'll give a good reference point anyway.
Thanks for reading.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Today is new IS20 day. I really didn't want to spend this kind of dough but I didn't want to tie up the shop for too long

Square1

Go Kart Champion
So a new IS20 is in and it's making great power again. I have the one which has around 25,000km on it to see what did go wrong all signs are pointing to wastegate actuator.
The CTS Turbo BOV requires the stiffer spring with this setup so that'll be addressed this week and hopefully a dyno session as well.

Last edited:

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
R bumper looks great! Where did you source all the parts from? All the sites online want a ton of money for shipping (which makes sense).

Square1

Go Kart Champion
R bumper looks great! Where did you source all the parts from? All the sites online want a ton of money for shipping (which makes sense).
Thanks. The entire bumper came from the dealer. A friend works in parts and pieces it all together for me.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Ah gotcha. Are you planning on doing R lights as well?
If my wife wants to I'll do it. I got a little poor building two cars in a little over a year. I don't mind the halogens and with a bright white bulb the contrast between the LEDs and headlights Isn't bad.

gulpozen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
Where did you get the GTI rear diffuser from? I have the 5 door TSI and want to upgrade to a catback exhaust eventually but I'll need the rear diffuser changed out for the GTI one.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Where did you get the GTI rear diffuser from? I have the 5 door TSI and want to upgrade to a catback exhaust eventually but I'll need the rear diffuser changed out for the GTI one.

I'd be willing to sell you mine off a 7.5 GTI in October sometime when I get a new diffuser. Calgary is just a tad far...Even halfway

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I bought it directly from the dealer. I believe it was $85 CAD. It screws right I'm place and fits perfect.