GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP! Wondering if anyone in NY area (Yonkers specifically) would go buy a set of wheels for me, package them up, and drop off to for shipping...

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
I found a set of used RSe05s that I really want for track duty but the seller doesn’t want to ship them. I am hoping someone might be willing to go pick them up and ship them to me. I'd be willing to compensate you $50, plus of course cover any costs for cardboard, tape, etc. Let me know!

Last edited:

iboost335sti

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone who values there time isnt going to accept this deal. Coming from someone who has shipped wheels before, I can say you can easily spend at least a 30 mins per wheel just on packaging them to prevent damage. Not to mention the time spent picking them up, bring them home for packaging, then bringing them to the UPS store to ship them, (plus the loading and unloading times between all those stops). Thats at least an entire Saturday afternoons worth of time spent, for only 50 bucks. Im only about 15 mins from Yonkers. Feel free to DM me if you want to make a reasonable offer to do this.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback here! I realized pretty much right after I posted this that my proposed compensation was way too low. But I also figured it wasn't worth bumping this conversation up with another offer since it is a big ask of a total stranger. I do very much appreciate you being willing to discuss this though, thats the type of thing that makes for a great car community. And just to close the loop here, I am no longer considering purchasing those wheels.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback here! I realized pretty much right after I posted this that my proposed compensation was way too low. But I also figured it wasn't worth bumping this conversation up with another offer since it is a big ask of a total stranger. I do very much appreciate you being willing to discuss this though, thats the type of thing that makes for a great car community. And just to close the loop here, I am no longer considering purchasing those wheels.

You never know when a used part seller in the appropriate area will see a post. Nothing wrong with asking.

For some people, it's much easier to ship wheels than others.

The average person will spend far too much time doing it, but a part seller is often already set up for it.