GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with Tires

ADVNTURR

Passed Driver's Ed
You will be after a 225/40r18 for 18" wheels on a Golf R. My recommendation is the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 unless you live some place that gets a lot of snow and/or doesn't maintain their roads.

wilsonj

Ready to race!
You will be after a 225/40r18 for 18" wheels on a Golf R. My recommendation is the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 unless you live some place that gets a lot of snow and/or doesn't maintain their roads.

Thanks!

I was going to go with Blizzak because I drive in to a very rural town in PA for work that does not maintain their roads.

eticket

I run a 235/40/18 on my 18x8 45 offset wheels, Tire Rack said this would be fine, and I have had no problems running this configuration...

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I also have these, they are excellent in New England Winters and have excellent traction in the dry. Better ride than the blizzaks and xice too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Rafal

Ready to race!
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-alzor-parts/18-style-628-wheels-set-of-four/628-4kt/

I purchases those wheels when they were on sale for my winter wheels.

18x8 - offset 45

Does anyone know what tire size I would need?

225/45-18?

Does the 45 match up with the offset?

Thanks for any help.
Considering the stock Cadiz 19x8 ET50 are fitted with 235/35/19 tires, it is
logical that to get the same rolling diameter with 18x8 you should go 235/40/18
Most people run spacers on the ET50 stockers so ET45 will look a little better.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I've used the Blizzaks and am now on X-Ice; both are fine in northern Vermont (I also live on a dirt road in a place where "road maintenance" involves mostly looking at the frost heaves and saying, "yep, that's a road there.")