GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with preventing and solving wheel hop

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone I just wanted to collect some useful information on solving wheel hop on my mk7. If anyone had some suggestions they would be most appreciated. Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes when acelerating in 1st my wheels are catching creating a violent thunk in noise heard in the cab

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Just looking for a solution to keep the vehicle more ground or to let the wheels spin freely etc. The sound is loud and sounds violent not wanting it to break

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Stickier tires would be the first place to start. Put the power to the ground instead of spinning the tires that aren't gripping
Then engine mounts and/or lower mount insert
Stiffer suspension

VWGT1

Ready to race!
Would definetely recommend 034 Insert. Start from there. Then if the problem is not solved work your way up to tires.

nal

Ready to race!
need to change to a more rigid lower engine mount,if u want to go hard core change the dsg and side mounts too but u will get vibrations that may cause u discomfort at idle or when engine is cold.if u want to reduce wheel spin and transform the car's handling then installing an LSD is the way to go

marnie

Ready to race!
need to change to a more rigid lower engine mount,if u want to go hard core change the dsg and side mounts too but u will get vibrations that may cause u discomfort at idle or when engine is cold.if u want to reduce wheel spin and transform the car's handling then installing an LSD is the way to go

Just a thought. Does that mean that a PP equipped car eliminates wheel hop?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
What VWGT says. Get a dogbone insert 034 seams to be the popular one to go with. This helps with wheel hop and traction some by not allowing the engine to move as much. If you get a too stiff dogbone mount, it makes the whole car shake with the engine.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Running Bridgestone Potenza's by any chance?

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Just a thought. Does that mean that a PP equipped car eliminates wheel hop?

My PP car has it too - a "loud thud", especially on hard 1 => 2 shifts. Had multiple "thud-thud-thud" cornering and accelerating on wet streets, where the LSD would be really be earning it's keep.

I already have plans for a dogmount insert before I damage something.