GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with log/issue

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
https://datazap.me/u/wastegate13/log-1647032568?log=0&data=7-11-40-41-42

Mods: FBO, 450/980mpi/pm4, std vortex, 4/5 bar

Can someone take a look at this log and tell me what they see? Specifically how the car opens the wastegate at the top of the head and falls on its face. It didn’t do this on my pump gas tune which was running a higher peak boost. It also didn’t do this on the first 2 revisions of my e85 tune but did throw a few engine codes, p2177 and p2077. This revision doesn’t have any cel, epc or drivability issues. Tuner says it appears to be a large misfire but knock is minimal and the log shows a temporary torque reduction because of operation at maximum absolute charge air pressure set point. I’m getting frustrated at this point. Thanks for any help.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
temp torque reduction due to max abs charge air pressure set point is not an issue at all. It means that boost is being limited/set by the pressure upstream throttle table, a very normal table/technique to set the boost curve.

Then you see torque limitation source go to zero/none, which shows some other torque limiter is coming into play and killing the party.

I can't see anything to support there being a misfire. RPM and AFR go a little wavy but only AFTER the big torque limiter comes into play. Not enough info for me to give any useful advice what that limiter is or why....but I suspect a tune issue.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I could have sworn today at maybe 50% throttle on an on ramp that it revved past 6k without issue. Of course I wasn’t logging so I may be wrong. Was going to do plugs with this oil change, not expecting a fix but can’t hurt. Maybe I’ll try with traction turned all the way off? Currently running brisks, any other recommendations?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I could have sworn today at maybe 50% throttle on an on ramp that it revved past 6k without issue. Of course I wasn’t logging so I may be wrong. Was going to do plugs with this oil change, not expecting a fix but can’t hurt. Maybe I’ll try with traction turned all the way off? Currently running brisks, any other recommendations?
Ruth's

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I'd rather pay $1 more to make sure I got the real deal.
Haven't heard any issues with fakes, and my order checks out as far as being non counterfeit.

Granted I didn't know the price difference was so little. Probably order direct next time myself.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Doesn’t look like ngk sells direct. There is another site called ngk.com but says they are not actually affiliated.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Doesn’t look like ngk sells direct. There is another site called ngk.com but says they are not actually affiliated.
Looks like NGK.com is Monarch Products. The link for them under NGKsparkplugs.com where to buy redirects to the page. At just under $13 a piece I'd go with them, at least they're listed as a reseller. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be ordering from them next go around.

https://www.ngk.com/ngk-95125-lfer7bhx-ruthenium-hx-plug