GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP with dynamic tails please!

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry if this is the wrong spot!

I just installed the lights yesterday and my Right dynamic tail light is not working. It WAS working last night as well as all of the other lights. It does blink standard style, just not dynamic.

The left tail light DOES blink dynamic style.

I ran the wiring for rear fog light using the Shopdap wiring harness and the facelift taillights (OEM).

I coded with the Shopdap App in OBDeleven. I am receiving in OBDeleven: Central Electronics Fault: Left brake lamp/turn signal bulb (open circuit/short circuit to B+) I tried clearing it but it comes back.

I do NOT have the switch installed for the fog lights to make the rear fog work. Didn't know if I had to have that installed before coding for rear fog light?

I triple checked the wiring and made sure all the pins are seated correctly.

Please someone help me. I really appreciate it. My coding seems to match perfectly to what the instructions say from Shopdap.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Don't quote me on this but there might be a setting, within each field that you coded, where it has a set or reset to default settings. If not, just reverse the coding instructions.

t1m1t

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI Sport
I was going to say check your wiring but you already did. Try resetting everything back to it's original coding and then re-code it to see if that resolves your issue.

I also have a 2017 Sport. This is what I did yesterday on my mk7.5 tail lights. Forgot that my original tail lights were coded and didn't code back to default. Took about 5 minutes to go through each tail light and reset each factor back to default. Took an extra 5 minutes to set coding for the mk7.5 tail lights.

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
I also have a 2017 Sport. This is what I did yesterday on my mk7.5 tail lights. Forgot that my original tail lights were coded and didn't code back to default. Took about 5 minutes to go through each tail light and reset each factor back to default. Took an extra 5 minutes to set coding for the mk7.5 tail lights.
Pin 2 turned out to be the issue. Upon re-checking it clearly wasn’t set properly. All is now correct. Shoutout to Zero for the help!!!