GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with coding front Fog retrofit on MK7.5

Sluchboxer

Car(s)
2021 Golf
Have 2021 Golf. Looking for some help in coding the front fogs. Bought the hardware: lights, switch etc. Just don't have any experience with coding on VW. Can it be done with OBDeleven or do you need VCDS? Any help would be great, thanks.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
OBDeleven with PRO license is enough, VCDS will do as well.

Not sure if that's all:
1. First start with telling your car that light switch has now some new functions.
Code:
Go to module 09, Long Coding, Byte 07, Bit 3 (Light Switch with front fogs installed) and enable it.
Enter code 31347 in Security Access if required.

2. Now you need to tell the module that there are new light circuits connected to it and what functions they should have.
Left side
Code:
Module 09, adaptation, Leuchte 12NL LB45:
Lasttyp 12: 10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer
Lampendefektbitposition 12: 38
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 12: 22
Lichtfunktion A 12: Nebellicht links
Lichtfunktion B 12: Abbiegelicht links //do this if you also want to have cornering light via fog light
Dimmwert AB 12: 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 12: always

Right side
Code:
Module 09, adaptation,Leuchte13NL RB5:
Lasttyp 13: 10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer
Lampendefektbitposition 13: 42
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 13: 23
Lichtfunktion A 13: Nebellicht rechts
Lichtfunktion B 13: Abbiegelicht rechts  //do this if you also want to have cornering light via fog light
Dimmwert AB 13: 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 13: always

Leuchte 12 = Light 12
NL L = Nebellicht Links = Fog light left
B45 = circuit connected to plug B, pin 45
So "Leuchte 12NL LB45" means "Light 12, fog light, left side, plug B, pin 45"

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I like both. OBDeleven is little bit easier when it comes to going though adaptation channels and subchannels. And it keeps changes history.
VCDS works offline and has wired connection with the car which is more stable.

I'm assuming that you are not considering Chinese clones with pirated software.

neoupa2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf Wagon
Have 2021 Golf. Looking for some help in coding the front fogs. Bought the hardware: lights, switch etc. Just don't have any experience with coding on VW. Can it be done with OBDeleven or do you need VCDS? Any help would be great, thanks.

Just wondering, where'd you source the harness? I have everything except for that.

Sluchboxer

Car(s)
2021 Golf
Not totally opposed to the clone route, however I've found sometimes it costs you more in the long run. Not looking to drip a lot on this project and would gladly pay someone to code it for me. That being said, it's nice to have the ability to reset silly stuff instead of having to pay the dealer.
I'm not much a Windows person so I might go the OBDEleven option. But, it is unclear to me if I can do the above via IOS?

I do have an old windows machine that I had all my BMW software on. So I'm still undecided.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Not totally opposed to the clone route, however I've found sometimes it costs you more in the long run. Not looking to drip a lot on this project and would gladly pay someone to code it for me. That being said, it's nice to have the ability to reset silly stuff instead of having to pay the dealer.
I'm not much a Windows person so I might go the OBDEleven option. But, it is unclear to me if I can do the above via IOS?

I do have an old windows machine that I had all my BMW software on. So I'm still undecided.
OBDeleven 2nd gen with PRO license will do for both iOS and Android devices.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Old topic I know but is there a way how to tell the car that I'm going to replace the bulp on factory fitted halogen front fog light to LED - if fault appears? VCDS please, I don't have OBD app. Thx

Last edited:

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Change Lasttyp 12 from allgemeine Scheinwerfer to allgemeine LED.
This is in module 09, adaptations, Leuchte 12 and Leuchte 13.

Doesn't matter if using VCDS or OBDeleven.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@mr-fix : hmm............... OK. Or maybe use factory LED settings on Leuchte12NL LB45/Leuchte13NL RB5 like this:
  • Lasttyp > 6 - LED Lichtmodul
  • Dimmwert AB > 127
Don

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
OBDeleven with PRO license is enough, VCDS will do as well.

Not sure if that's all:
1. First start with telling your car that light switch has now some new functions.
Code:
Go to module 09, Long Coding, Byte 07, Bit 3 (Light Switch with front fogs installed) and enable it.
Enter code 31347 in Security Access if required.

2. Now you need to tell the module that there are new light circuits connected to it and what functions they should have.
Left side
Code:
Module 09, adaptation, Leuchte 12NL LB45:
Lasttyp 12: 10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer
Lampendefektbitposition 12: 38
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 12: 22
Lichtfunktion A 12: Nebellicht links
Lichtfunktion B 12: Abbiegelicht links //do this if you also want to have cornering light via fog light
Dimmwert AB 12: 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 12: always

Right side
Code:
Module 09, adaptation,Leuchte13NL RB5:
Lasttyp 13: 10 - allgemeine Scheinwerfer
Lampendefektbitposition 13: 42
Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 13: 23
Lichtfunktion A 13: Nebellicht rechts
Lichtfunktion B 13: Abbiegelicht rechts  //do this if you also want to have cornering light via fog light
Dimmwert AB 13: 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 13: always

Leuchte 12 = Light 12
NL L = Nebellicht Links = Fog light left
B45 = circuit connected to plug B, pin 45
So "Leuchte 12NL LB45" means "Light 12, fog light, left side, plug B, pin 45"
Any ideas what values I would set the values to if I remove my foglight on either side (for intakes)? I assume I will get a error if I don't code them out and just unplug them.