GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP. Timing chain question

Bbailey01

Car(s)
2015 GTI
I need some help. Hopefully a VW tech will read this. Long story short, I need to remove/ replace the Camshaft Bearing Bridge Mount. The part might now be salvageable. I understand that I need to remove the Control valves (#7) in order to remove this part. My question is, If I take these parts of will it affect the timing? The car is 2015 GTI with has 88000 miles on it, should I just bite the bullet and just have a full timing chain service done? Needless to say I am pretty pissed right now. Thanks in advance.
1638651987815.png
1638653719551.png

Attachments

• 1638651834464.png
    1638651834464.png
    717 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Maybe some more info on why you need to replace this. But to answer your question no removing the cam bridge will not mess with timing.

Bbailey01

Car(s)
2015 GTI
Maybe some more info on why you need to replace this. But to answer your question no removing the cam bridge will not mess with timing.
Thanks for the info. I needed to replace the upper timing cover gasket. I had an oil leak, I broke a screw off when re installing the CAM sensors. I read the manual wrong and used the torque spec for steel bolts instead of aluminum. I feel shame. There is no way to get the broken screw out without taking the cam bridge out. I will probably just replace the part entirely.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Thanks for the info. I needed to replace the upper timing cover gasket. I had an oil leak, I broke a screw off when re installing the CAM sensors. I read the manual wrong and used the torque spec for steel bolts instead of aluminum. I feel shame. There is no way to get the broken screw out without taking the cam bridge out. I will probably just replace the part entirely.
Yep just replace the part and again no it will not mess with timing. It’s a snug fit so take your time getting the new one on. Don’t force it.