GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Reattaching Interior Rear View Mirror to Ball Joint (MK7 Golf GTI)

yantastic

Passed Driver's Ed
I accidentally knocked the interior review view mirror from the ball joint on the windshield. I've been trying to reattach the joint so many different ways and applying different amounts of pressure clockwise and counterclockwise too. Nothing works.

Is this a lost cause? It doesn't make sense that it won't reattach.

I have a MK7 Golf GTI.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpeg
    IMG_2100.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 134

yantastic

Passed Driver's Ed
It takes a decent amount of force to install but it's doable. My advice is to ditch that rear view mirror that looks like it came out of a 1993 Ford Ranger and upgrade to a Homelink borderless mirror.
Thanks, that a great idea! I started looking on the ECS tuning website and saw the prism mirror but not sure if it'll fit. The mount doesn't seem to be the same as my original post. Any experience with this?

ECS tuning Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/mirror/000072548h/

Attachments

• 1624846889794.png
    1624846889794.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 82

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Put the ball in the freezer and the mirror in the sun. Ball will shrink mirror will expand.
...and the lime in the coconut and shake it all up!

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Thanks, that a great idea! I started looking on the ECS tuning website and saw the prism mirror but not sure if it'll fit. The mount doesn't seem to be the same as my original post. Any experience with this?

ECS tuning Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/mirror/000072548h/
Volkswagen Golf Prism Rearview Mirror with HomeLink® - 000072548H | Volkswagen, Murrieta CA (vwofmurrieta.com)

This should fit, Murrieta VW has the best pricing for parts of any dealership in the country from my research.

yantastic

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks so much everyone. I was able to find the replacement part, 000-072-548-H. Works with my 2017 GTI Sport

I ordered from vwvortexparts and while the mirror did come brand new, the mirror arrived without battery so I can’t use the home link. Customer service doesn’t respond to countless emails. It was certainly the cheapest but would never order from there again.