GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help - Radar Sensor

sshinx1

Hi,

Would anyone be able to hep me with plug wiring for the front bumper radar sensor, the plug got damaged and is missing, i ordered a new plug but i am unsure of the wiring of it as the new plug came with all the same coloured wires, if anyone would have a photo of this or a wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shane.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi,

Would anyone be able to hep me with plug wiring for the front bumper radar sensor, the plug got damaged and is missing, i ordered a new plug but i am unsure of the wiring of it as the new plug came with all the same coloured wires, if anyone would have a photo of this or a wiring diagram it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shane.

Shane: Hi. Is this what you wanted?
Cheers
Don

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Yes DV52, thats a great help u wouldnt happen to know the wire colours for each?

Thanks

Shane: fixed the pic in my previous post to include wire colours
Don

sshinx1

I was just looking a bit more information it seems i have only 4 wires going to this plug
whick are black/green, Brown, Orange/blue and orange/brown anyone know where they should go?

Thanks

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I was just looking a bit more information it seems i have only 4 wires going to this plug
whick are black/green, Brown, Orange/blue and orange/brown anyone know where they should go?

Thanks

Shane: Hello again. Often, the front radar system doesn't have the link-up with the camera. If you don't have a camera fitted to the front of the windshield (see pic below) as part of the rear view mirror, then the two wires on PIN #5 & PIN #6 will be missing - so four wires on the connector
Don

sshinx1

Hi don,

I dont have a camera so im assumming that my orange/blue wire will go to pin 2 and the other 3 should be as described above.

Thanks again

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi don,

I dont have a camera so im assumming that my orange/blue wire will go to pin 2 and the other 3 should be as described above.

Thanks again

Shane: I re-checked the wiring diagram to confirm what VW says about the PIN #2 wire - definitely orange/grey in the official VW wiring diagram. Looking at the wire on your car, could you stretch the definition of blue (perhaps) to be grey-ish?
Don

ssk9

Hi, Would you please be able to help me by telling me which PIN number goes to which colour of wires from my picture? As I am not too sure, and your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• rsz_20190925_163601.jpg
    rsz_20190925_163601.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 858

shiraz786

Car(s)
vw golf r
Hi, Would you please be able to help me by telling me which PIN number goes to which colour of wires from my picture? As I am not too sure, and your help would be greatly appreciated :)
Hi hope your well. I was wondering if you ever found this out as I have the same colours as you and stuck in the same position. I would appreciate any support on this. Thanks in advance :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
This is the only info I have from the ERWIN (VAG) workshop manuals...
J428 Cruise Control unit.jpg

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi Thanks for the diagram but my colors are different... Would it help if I give the REG?

Thanks
Shiraz

Nope that's all the info I have.....we are taking about the connector for the radar unit in the front grill??..is yours in the lower grille or behind the VW badge?

shiraz786

Car(s)
vw golf r
Nope that's all the info I have.....we are taking about the connector for the radar unit in the front grill??..is yours in the lower grille or behind the VW badge?
Hi Dave,
It's a 2016 VW Golf R mk7 and the location of the Radar Sensor is on the lower Grille. My wire colors are the same as ssk9's reply a few comments before this. I think that the brown/blue and the yellow/brown wire is for the outside temp sensor but the remaining 4 wires which are for the radar sensor i am not sure which is which.
1. Green/White(not sure)
2. Brown(not sure)
3. Brown/Red(not sure)
4 Orange/Brown (not sure)
5. Brown/Blue (Think it's outside temp sensor)
6. Yellow/Brown (Think it's outside temp sensor)

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in adavnce