GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help, P013E00 code with APR down pipe and spacer. :(

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Hello all,

I have installed an APR down pipe, Vibrant J spacer along with an AWE exhaust and am getting a CEL (P013800). I also have a JB4 that I am currently running MAP 1 and I don't want to use the auto clear function in the JB4 in the event it's clearing codes I might actually need to see.

I have read numerous threads here on CEL lights with down pipes, but none referring to P013800. I have played with the orientation of the spacer with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
You could try clearing the code and it might not come back. I have the APR downpipe and a j spacer and that worked for me.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
You could try clearing the code and it might not come back. I have the APR downpipe and a j spacer and that worked for me.
I have tried clearing the code several times, it comes back on with 5 miles of driving.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
You tried the other two inserts that came with the spacer?

A few months back, I ran into CELs popping up because the j-spacer was oriented slightly downwards and the sensor was drowning. I made sure it was pointing up and had to clear codes twice more until it started working right again. Took a few weeks for the sensor to clean itself or whatever it did. That may not be your issue, but another possibility.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
So I replaced the O2 sensor (It was wet from the j-Spacer pointing slightly downward). I changed the orientation to be slightly upward and also changed the inlet size on the j-spacer to the larger size now I have a new code: P013E00 . Any ideas?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Rich to lean. Common JB4+DP code. You'll have to play with spacers and orientation to solve it.
Thanks Diggs, I'm trying to understand how the orientation of the o2 sensor has an effect? Any other spacer recommendation other than the Vibrant J I already have?

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Less orientation vs flow. The Vibrant has 3 inserts. Try another one.
Yeah, I have already tried the Medium and Large inserts with no luck. Looks like I will have to try the small insert.

SVTunit

Ready to race!
Update: I have swapped out to the small hole insert and orientated the O2 sensor slightly upward and no more errors for the last month! Thanks everyone.