GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Needed - OEM Install of Front Brakes - Missing Banjo Bolt

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Hey folks,

I've uninstalled my StopTech Trophy Sport BBK and started the re-install of my OEM setup but can't find the banjo bolt that connect the brake line to the OEM caliper. I've tried using part catalogs but it appears you have to purchase a brand new OEM brake line from Volkswagen to get the banjo bolt. Anyone know how to source just the banjo bolt? FCP Euro shows several in there parts catalog with several different part numbers.

I'm planning to go to Ace Hardware in the morning to see if they have any in stock.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
That's not something you'll find at the local hardware store. Note that you'll also need new crush washers, qty 2 per banjo bolt. New brake lines with bolts and washers are only about $21 online; may not be the worst solution. ECS has VW banjo bolts, but apparently not for the Mk VII Golf family.

Neil

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Consider removing banjo bolt from side you have and go to local auto parts store and marry up with what they have. My local O'Reilly has a couple in stock all others are one day order; $5 to $6 is price.