GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed - Enabling static cornering on LED fog lights (LED) on MK7.5 GTI using VCDS

Macker87

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to enable to LED fog lights on a MK 7.5 GTI to be used as static cornering lights like the Halogen version lights can do?
Is it a case of changing the same adaptation channels? I have attached a link below showing what I want to do.

https://www.drive2.com/l/558386981239783911/

Hope someone can help.

Last edited:

Macker87

Don’t worry, I tried the same adaptations and it worked incase anyone was thinking about trying it. Looks really good 👍

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Can you please provide the coding? Thank you.

Macker87

Hi quailallstar,

This is the coding I used,
  1. Go to Central electrics
  2. Select Security access and enter 31347
  3. Go to Adaptations and search for Leuchte12NL LB45 (this is the left fog), select Lichtfunktion B 12 and change setting to Abbiegelicht links (Only change if it currently says not active)
  4. Then search for Leuchte13NL RB5 (this is the right fog) select Lichtfunktion B 13 and change setting to Abbiegelicht rechts (Only change if it currently says not active)

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes 👍

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Hi quailallstar,

This is the coding I used,
  1. Go to Central electrics
  2. Select Security access and enter 31347
  3. Go to Adaptations and search for Leuchte12NL LB45 (this is the left fog), select Lichtfunktion B 12 and change setting to Abbiegelicht links (Only change if it currently says not active)
  4. Then search for Leuchte13NL RB5 (this is the right fog) select Lichtfunktion B 13 and change setting to Abbiegelicht rechts (Only change if it currently says not active)

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes 👍

Thank you for the coding. Do you know if it is possible to turn on the corner lights (inside the headlamps) when high beams are active? I already currently have my fog lamps on when high beams are on. Having the corner lamps on would help even more when driving dark country roads.

Macker87

Thank you for the coding. Do you know if it is possible to turn on the corner lights (inside the headlamps) when high beams are active? I already currently have my fog lamps on when high beams are on. Having the corner lamps on would help even more when driving dark country roads.

I’m not sure, the only thing you could do is turn up the maximum speed they stay active? They wouldn’t be linked to the high beam either

I believe the coding to adjust the upper speed limit is

09- Central electronics
Adaptations
4)-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold (I believe the default is 40kmh)

I haven’t tried this myself yet but hope it helps. Let me know if you do it