GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! MK7.5 GTI oil/coolant leaking after downpipe installation(white smoke from engine and surging rpm)

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
I tried to clean the oil but some got onto the wirings and connections. How do I clean those? Gonna call these dickheads first thing Monday and ask why they left the cap loose
Just conduct your due diligence with the clean up, check your oil level and count your lucky stars.
You can wipe off the wiring, just don’t wet anything that has a terminal. If it is on the passenger side, you can remove the under tray and reach up from underneath if you need. Always safer than sorry.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Gonna call these dickheads first thing Monday and ask why they left the cap loose

Here's what they'll say:

"We just installed the downpipe, we didn't touch the oil cap. Why would we do that? You don't have to touch the oil cap to install a downpipe, that makes no sense."

Despite "we didn't touch it" not being true, it probably won't be worth your time and energy to call. Just find a new shop from here on out

tonymac1

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's what they'll say:

"We just installed the downpipe, we didn't touch the oil cap. Why would we do that? You don't have to touch the oil cap to install a downpipe, that makes no sense."

Despite "we didn't touch it" not being true, it probably won't be worth your time and energy to call. Just find a new shop from here on out
just finished a call with them, this was exactly what they said. This car is new, and i've never touched the oil cap myself, didnt even have my first oil change yet. They're the only people who worked on the car since i bought it, obviously none of the techs would admit it....

tonymac1

Passed Driver's Ed
with no evidence of proving they left the cap loose except they're the only people who worked on the car since i purchased yet, i expected their denial, but would definitely stay away from these people.

Last edited: