GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me choose a DSLR

BossDuB27

Illuminati
For a while iv'e been wanting a DSLR but recently just got the money so its finally time to get one. I've been doing research and have narrowed it down to the Nikon D5000 and Canon t1i. For the most part they're the same but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys as too which would be the smarter buy.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Try them both out, and see which system you like better. Also do some research on what lenses you want later on, and how much they cost in the long run. You can't go wrong with either one.

I shoot Canon, because I like their lens system, but Nikon's are good too.

chadman

Old Guy with Young Car
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
You'll be happy with either one. I bought the Rebel XS last year simply because my friends are all Canon shooters and I was able to borrow some nice glass.

If you buy Canon, go out and get the 1.8 50mm "nifty fifty" right away. Amazing lens and cheap :)

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
After doing research, I opted for Canon. Friend shoots Nikon. To each his own. Can't go wrong. Either way you'll love it.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
I would stress that the live preview mode is not available on (most) DSLR’s and it may quite be a make or break thing for many people….
I personally always use the viewfinder ... idk the screen image can get very distorted in direct sunlight just seems it is easier to use the viewfinder ... unless you are taking verry long exposures
jenneymac said:
I was told that most DSLRs do *not* come with memory cards, and my limited experience confirms this.

thats not really a breaking point ... for me personally i would rather purchase my own memory card ... it saves from over spending on memory that you will never use or being stuck with not enough memory and having to purchase another card anyways

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
For a while iv'e been wanting a DSLR but recently just got the money so its finally time to get one. I've been doing research and have narrowed it down to the Nikon D5000 and Canon t1i. For the most part they're the same but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys as too which would be the smarter buy.

personally i would choose the D90 you get a few extra goodies for only $80(street) more