GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP IS38 is pissing coolant.

Krog29

Ready to race!
So just did a swap from the is20 to is38. It is now pissing coolant! Any ideas before I rip it apart again tomorrow?? Coolant is hitting the support bracket as well as next to the 02 sensor. Cannot see where it is coming from.

Krog29

Ready to race!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where is the puddle when you're parked? Did you check the coolant line on the turbo?

Krog29

Ready to race!
Where is the puddle when you're parked? Did you check the coolant line on the turbo?
I just installed the is38. I put new rubber seals on all the lines. And tightened them down. Just wondering if anyone has had that happened to the coolant lines before. Going take everything apart again to check. Seems either the top or bottom coolant line to the turbo. The ones on the block are good. Oil lines are good.

Krog29

Ready to race!
20200915_205658.jpg

Was squeezing lines because I could hear it. Heard air fcoming from this. Couldn't hear if it was the hose or seal.

Krog29

Ready to race!
View attachment 186084
Make sure this threaded hole is not open
There wasn't anything in that hole when I opened it up for the first time. 🤯 What size and how long of a screw is that?

Ps it was the seal on the black plastic piece. Took it off and the rubber seal ripped. Got a new one.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Everything is leak free at the moment. Still wondering about that screw is in the above picture? 🤔

n8s12981

When I reassembled after my is38 upgrade, that hole was weeping coolant. I didn't remember pulling a bolt out of there either! But is was weepong, so I plugged it...🤷‍♂️

Krog29

Ready to race!
When I reassembled after my is38 upgrade, that hole was weeping coolant. I didn't remember pulling a bolt out of there either! But is was weepong, so I plugged it...🤷‍♂️
Any part number for it? Trying to find it...

No leaks that I see so far 🤞

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion