GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP! Intake Install Question

elamothe15

Ready to race!
So I just installed my new neuspeed p-flo intake and the install went nice and smoothly. I took it for a quick spin 15min or so to get the engine warm and went WOT once. I got back home and realized that I forgot to link the vacuum hose back up to the new intake. So I quickly put it back on. I didn't notice any issues while driving for that short time. Will forgetting to have the vacuum hose on cause any issues for that short time that I drove it? After reconnecting it, is there anything else that needs to be done or will the ECU/engine balance itself out?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
The vaccum hose is not that important on short trip like you did.
No worries to have, at all!
Nothing to do with ECU also.
Just put it back on as you already did and it's done.

Phew thanks for the quick reply! That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure

Thibault China

Ready to race!
Welcome.
No worries.

For me, I changed my intake (1.4tsi engine) to a ARMASPEED.
Looks like they don't even care about the vaccum hose at all because the new intake only have a hole in which you put that vaccum hose:
-not "tight-fitting" at all. (hole is at least 3mm bigger than the hose)
-the air that go in the vaccum is not filtered at all...

So I added a tiny "mushroom-breather" for the vaccum cause it's better have clean air there even it doesn't really suck the air like the intake.
(Mushroom is fixed in inside my intake, with vaccum hose going inside it like for stock intake systems on 1.4/1.8/2.0tsi)