Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You have a GT spec 2lt tdi Golf...here is the G235 sensor

Attachments

• G235 sensor diesel E288.jpg
    G235 sensor diesel E288.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 2,565

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Even though that image is of a gen 3 tdi, the sensor location and sensor code will be the same. It should be plenty of information for any VW parts guy to find you the right part with your VIN number

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Even though that image is of a gen 3 tdi, the sensor location and sensor code will be the same. It should be plenty of information for any VW parts guy to find you the right part with your VIN number

Its correct for his car as per his signature a 2013 GT spec 2lt diesel EA288....he is UK based & gets a Europe spec engine etc..way before you do over there...

unless of course he actually has a mk6 & therefore NOT an EA288 engine...& WTF is he posting on the MK7 forum...

x symplicity x

Passed Driver's Ed
Mate that’s brilliant that picture! Last night (before I saw that) I had a feel around down the back and found that exact sensor that is highlighted as sensor 1. I also traced the wire back up and it sits underneath the engine cover and is a black harness! Luckily enough I ordered that sensor. So I will now just have to wait for it to arrive, thankyou to everyone that has chipped in.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Its correct for his car as per his signature a 2013 GT spec 2lt diesel EA288....he is UK based & gets a Europe spec engine etc..way before you do over there...

unless of course he actually has a mk6 & therefore NOT an EA288 engine...& WTF is he posting on the MK7 forum...

Oh that makes more sense, didn't realize he was in the UK

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Oh that makes more sense, didn't realize he was in the UK

There is a nice little helpful box on the left side on his post which states location:-Kent, United Kingdom....:D

everybody has one.....I know its mainly a USA based forum, but as its about the biggest one for Mk7 Golf's in English speaking countries..there are a few of us interlopers...:p

"You're not from around these here parts are ya boy?....I'm gonna make you squeal like a little piggy".....:(……(cribbed roughly from Deliverance)

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
There is a nice little helpful box on the left side on his post which states location:-Kent, United Kingdom....:D

everybody has one.....I know its mainly a USA based forum, but as its about the biggest one for Mk7 Golf's in English speaking countries..there are a few of us interlopers...:p

"You're not from around these here parts are ya boy?....I'm gonna make you squeal like a little piggy".....:(……(cribbed roughly from Deliverance)

Yea I just read Kent, and Kent, Ohio for some reason popped straight in my head

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yea I just read Kent, and Kent, Ohio for some reason popped straight in my head

hahaha...

brain auto-correcting what it sees to what you know....

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To the guy who sent that picture of the g235 sensor. Can you send me the repair instructions for how to remove that sensor?

Nothing special, remove engine cover, remove the wiring from the connector, & refit & make certain that the wring harness coming out of the sensor is pointing downwards to prevent water ingress into the joint.

torque the sensor to 45NM.....& lubricate the thread with their high temp grease/paste..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Wow that’s a good tip I did wonder why they made a metal stem bending downwards out of the sensor, cheers mate are you a Volkswagen tech yourself then? You seem to know your stuff,

Id does help that I bought the ERWIN download manuals for my car.....you buy download time..& you can save as PDF to files to your computer...& they stay there & do not disappear in the night!!…

It also helps I have personally had VAG cars for 25yrs....& do most of my own mechanic'ing

x symplicity x

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so the sensor has finally arrived, fitting it tomorrow. What is the best thing to do? Fit the sensor and everything else back together —> plug in VCDS and delete the fault code —> then take the car for a good blast up the motorway to clear out the DPF? At this point will the car realise it’s got a new sensor and will automatically start to do a regeneration OR should I force one through VCDS and drive around until it’s done?

Graan

Car(s)
2014 Golf GTD UK spe
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone knows the colour of the connector for this?
I'm now thinking its orange and I've ordered the wrong one...🤦‍♂️