GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help, I got this error Fault: Vehicle Lighting

Hi guys,
i got this error Fault: Vehicle Lighting since last week. No lights in the car were dead, everything works perfectly fine.
however, I did change my tail lights to the mk7r tailights with all led, but I changed it about 5 months ago.

i have reset all my codings for the light to the normal ones and yet this error still shows up. But, when i scan with obd eleven and other scan tools, everytime it gets to 09 Central Electrics, the error is gone and once it’s past that session, the error shows up again. So, I couldn’t find anything as well using the scan. please do help if anyone knows what to do with this error. Thanks.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Dash doesn't say anything about a certain bulb being out? I'd suspect you need to re code the tails to led if you didn't have led to begin with. I know you said it just started but that's what I'd do if you can't find any bulbs out anywhere.

Nope it doesn’t say which bulb as all the bulbs are working, including the cornering lights. If the cornering lights is dead, it will usually say AFS error.
my car is my2014 and it has the xenon lights

Dash doesn't say anything about a certain bulb being out? I'd suspect you need to re code the tails to led if you didn't have led to begin with. I know you said it just started but that's what I'd do if you can't find any bulbs out anywhere.
I did recode the light but it doesn’t help.. resetting all the codings and adaptations also doesn’t help.. starting to think its the bcm..

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to hear. I was hoping it was a simple fix. Fortunately everything works. its just that pesky warning on the dash. I have a similar warning after retrofitting projectors and some led drl/hi beam modules in a halogen based gti. Mine doesn't like the led hi beam as it was never an option in the line up. Xenon projectors were easy to code. One of the master light people here is DV52. I'd send him a message. He is quite brilliant with this stuff.