GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help for sourcing dimming mirror connector

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
7L0857511 9B9 is the part number of the auto dimming mirror I just bought from a salvage yard.

I gathered all the info I could before buying it and I understand it needs four wires.

I don't have a problem building my own harness but I need help to locate the part number for the connector that plugs into the mirror, because I don't have ETKA access. I only need the connector and the crimp pins.

a wiring schematic would also be appreciated. besides +12V and GND, the mirror has a 3rd wire going to the BCM and a 4th which I am not sure about.

many thanks :)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
7L0857511 9B9 is the part number of the auto dimming mirror I just bought from a salvage yard.

I gathered all the info I could before buying it and I understand it needs four wires.

I don't have a problem building my own harness but I need help to locate the part number for the connector that plugs into the mirror, because I don't have ETKA access. I only need the connector and the crimp pins.

a wiring schematic would also be appreciated. besides +12V and GND, the mirror has a 3rd wire going to the BCM and a 4th which I am not sure about.

many thanks :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Aut...5bf5-48dd-8242-b4a1572ea6d7&priceBeautifyAB=0

you can just buy this harness, its pretty cheap.

and as for the wiring diagram, ive found one uploaded by DV52

Attachments

• EuBiCnO.jpg
    EuBiCnO.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,247

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I have the factory VW Homelink mirror in my R. I didn't need to use the harness that came with it as the R already had the auto dimming mirror in it. I would assume that since the Homelink mirror works with the existing auto dimming mirror wiring, that the Homelink harness would work with the auto dimming mirror as well. The VW harness part number is 000.072.719. I looked online and was unable to find it, but maybe a VW dealer can pull it up.

Also, the sticker on the harness bag says that it's made by Mega Techway and the part number is 625-1230-000 - maybe you can track it down by that if VW can't source the harness.

My harness looks different than the Ali Express vesion posted above.

There are 3 connectors on it:

6R0972930A
1K0971992A
8K0971833

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I have the factory VW Homelink mirror in my R. I didn't need to use the harness that came with it as the R already had the auto dimming mirror in it. I would assume that since the Homelink mirror works with the existing auto dimming mirror wiring, that the Homelink harness would work with the auto dimming mirror as well. The VW harness part number is 000.072.719. I looked online and was unable to find it, but maybe a VW dealer can pull it up.

My harness looks different than the Ali Express vesion posted above.

There are 3 connectors on it:

6R0972930A
1K0971992A
8K0971833

Hope this helps.

its pretty much the same the only difference i can see is that this harness uses the light switch connector for power

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Did you ever build the harness? I bought the same mirror recently and have not been able to source a harness. The OEM was no help either.
kufatec have a harness. aliexpress too. but kufatec ships 100 times faster.