805mk7gti

Ready to race!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200512_083358.jpg
    MVIMG_20200512_083358.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 76

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
That dyno chart doesn't look right. I would chalk it up more to a bad dyno. If you're interested we(Stratified) are located in Vancouver. I work in VA, but we have a full shop with dyno in Vancouver. You are right in that Vancouver has pretty terrible gas. It is something we are very familiar with and know how to deal with
We unfortunately don't tune Eurodyne, only Cobb, EcuTek, HPtuners. But if you wanted to move to Cobb we could certainly tune you. Doing either a flash tune(similar style to what you have no where there is no revisions or adjustments to the tune, but the tune would be modified to work with your mods and your fuel before shipping) A custom tune, which can be done fully remotely or you can come into our shop and we tune you on our dyno.

charleschung19950904

Passed Driver's Ed
That dyno chart doesn't look right. I would chalk it up more to a bad dyno. If you're interested we(Stratified) are located in Vancouver. I work in VA, but we have a full shop with dyno in Vancouver. You are right in that Vancouver has pretty terrible gas. It is something we are very familiar with and know how to deal with
We unfortunately don't tune Eurodyne, only Cobb, EcuTek, HPtuners. But if you wanted to move to Cobb we could certainly tune you. Doing either a flash tune(similar style to what you have no where there is no revisions or adjustments to the tune, but the tune would be modified to work with your mods and your fuel before shipping) A custom tune, which can be done fully remotely or you can come into our shop and we tune you on our dyno.

Thank you, imma try to get my logs up first and see what the guys think. I just checked out your website and its good to know that there is a back up plan incase I really want to change the tune!

charleschung19950904

Passed Driver's Ed
You just need to buy a used cable from somewhere and buy 3 credits for maestro. This all assume something is even wrong. You might just need to adjust the boost and timing sliders and be good. Or send eurodyne an email and ask to buy a cable stating you had it tuned at a shop and just need a cable. Should be cheaper.
Ok! Finally got the log done. Please take a look. I only did 3rd gear... is shifting to 4th gear and pull a bit on 4th important? if it is, i can get a new log done later on the highway. Thanks!

https://datazap.me/u/chung0904/log-1590206664?log=0&data=1

charleschung19950904

Passed Driver's Ed

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Hey man, being new to tuned cars and their nuances, I would head to a well respected shop to get the entire thing sorted. Travel hours if need be, the pain and anxiety that it sounds like you’re going to put yourself through beyond what you already have isn’t worth the perceived bragging rights of doing what you can yourself nor the money saved in mid grade parts. I know this because I suffered through this over and over again spanning many cars. You’ll be amazed at what you’ll learn from a shop who’s DNA includes pure love for the enthusiast. Your first 10 years in this game should be heavily influenced by your local resources, not endless nights of googling. If an amazing shop exists within 3 hours of you, consider yourself extremely lucky and run whatever they support (Cobb + Protune, APR, etc.). At the end of the day an OTS Cobb stage 1 plus protune with a drop in filter all for like $1,200 would have blown your mind given your initial post. Don’t rush this man.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Alright, flashed it back to the stock file, but seems like cylinder 1 and 3 are still knocking 2-3 degree...

Is it possible that it detected something else and mistaken it as knock? I do have BFI engine, transmission and dogbone mount. Extra vibration?

https://datazap.me/u/chung0904/log-1590231780?log=0&data=1-7-8-9-10
Not that it looks like, probably bad fuel but check the plugs cyl 3 might be hearing cyl 1. When I am logging with Cobb that has high refreshrate I can see roadnoise as short jolt on all cylinders, like -.75 on all for a millisecond.

charleschung19950904

Passed Driver's Ed
Not that it looks like, probably bad fuel but check the plugs cyl 3 might be hearing cyl 1. When I am logging with Cobb that has high refreshrate I can see roadnoise as short jolt on all cylinders, like -.75 on all for a millisecond.
Ok, I will double check the plugs.

So does that mean this tune doesnt work for my car ? Or is there a way to adjust it ?

Thanks