GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help....disconnected jb4 and now permanent eng light and limp mode.UPDATE!

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
So I decided to disconnect my jb4. Has been on car for a year and a half with no problems....took every thing off...car started fine. Got some error messages, so I disconnected the battery for a while. Hooked it back up and still check engine light and low power. Tried turning wheel left and right, did not help. All connectors seem to be fine and there was no forcing them on or off. I do have an obd cube I can use. What next?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Have you driven the car around the block? Anytime you disconnect the battery it’s normal to get lots of lights, but usually after driving for a minute or so (sometimes by the time you reverse out of your driveway) the lights will clear.

I would recheck battery terminal connections as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What codes? Go for a drive and stop the engine and start again for several cycles.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did you disconnect the battery before initially removing the JB4?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Check where the harness was connected for any problems and disconnect the battery. Then drive shut it off drive again and shut it off and repeat a few more times. If that doesn't work then a skilled technician. An EPC light can be tricky to diagnose.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hooked up obd11 and it cleared 5 faults, but still a code on the engine and epc light is still lit and almost no power.
What code…? if it’s feeling limp with no power, it’s probably you put location sensor connector. Check it again.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Shovehd was 100% right. I finally got back under and , sure enough, plug D was just Danglin' in the Wind....Idiot that I am...I didnt push it together hard enough. All is good. Strange thing, I was able to drive it that
way for the last 2 days, with a little stumble here and there.

Last edited:

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
Reminds me of the time I was struggling with my 2002 corvette stalling intermittently and even having to be towed. We had done a complete clutch job. On that car, you have to remove the entire rear subframe, driveshaft, diff. and trans. Turns out the stalling was because a we did not fasten the fuel pump ground wire tight enough.