GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Coding Mk7.5 Rep Tails on MK7

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hello,

I'm looking for some help coding my tail lights. I bought the MK7.5 design tail lights for the MK7 with the harness from Aliexpress. The fit/finish is great and al functions work well. However, I'm running into some issues with coding. I used the BEC coding instructions here https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...l-lights-coding-guide.pdf?7504109652322005673

Now when the lights are turned the dynamic turn signals are on and the inner lights that should be the running lights are operating with turn signals.

It almost seems like I have coding backwards on the inner lights because the amber lights are operating as if they were running lights and what should be the running lamps are operating as turn signals.

I hope this is clear, any help is greatly appreciated.

This is how it looks when the lights are just turned on.

This shows the inner lit up as the turn signal is on.

Brake lights work as they should.

Only one reverse light is functioning (I think coding I used is for euro fog and I’d like to have both reverse lights).

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Not familiar with the Ali harness that you purchased. Did it come with a wiring diagram? Is it the same as the BEC harness?

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Hey,
Does anyone know how to fix this/ what coding is wrong? I'm looking at Aliexpress tails right now and this seems like a common issue.