GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP: Can’t get VCDS to communicate with MIB 2 5f module after retrofit

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
There's no MIB to speak of. The interface resembles MIB, but it is not MIB. It's a single DIN radio with a double DIN screen built into the front of it.

I'm in the process of retrofitting a true MIB2 system in the glove box as I type this.

Look out for a thread/DIY/asking questions from me in the near future.

MIB is just the name for VW's integration of infotainment. Your base S still has it, but it now lacks CD, Sat radio and HD.

https://media.vw.com/press-kits/2018-golf-press-kit

McSkripps

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE:

When I was putting the brain in diagnostic mode, I left the WiFi/late boxes checked. This prevented VCDS from communicating. Unchecking those boxes got me up and running.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Anyone care to share their 5F coding with me? Just installed the MIB2 brains and 8" glass screen in to my 2019 Rabbit. The brains came out of a 2018 R-Line Atlas. Everything works except my rearview camera does not display - even though I can hear the camera opening up when in R. Assuming it needs coding? Or is this tied to Content Protection being active?

Also does anyone have a link to download MIB2 firmware updates? Need to make sure I have the latest visuals including the MK7.5 refresh vehicle in the menus.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone care to share their 5F coding with me? Just installed the MIB2 brains and 8" glass screen in to my 2019 Rabbit. The brains came out of a 2018 R-Line Atlas. Everything works except my rearview camera does not display - even though I can hear the camera opening up when in R. Assuming it needs coding? Or is this tied to Content Protection being active?

Also does anyone have a link to download MIB2 firmware updates? Need to make sure I have the latest visuals including the MK7.5 refresh vehicle in the menus.

Sorry to disappoint but you can't update the firmware on a retrofitted system. The only way is the dealer and you can one get updates that way as it's not the correct as built radio.