GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello from Frankfurt,

BTFPTM

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find anywhere designated for a first post, so I'll introduce myself here. Hi =) I'm a GTI driver, 2014 Performance edition, got the car at the end of last year and already have put over 20k km on it because it's my work car and I work all over northern Europe. I hope to find people here who can guide me to various forms of sport driving meets, I have hopes of putting the car both on slalom courses and racetracks. I have track experience but it's all on a motorcycle, so I have to learn how to do it in a car.

That's all, hi everyone :)

Last edited:

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find anywhere designated for a first post, so I'll introduce myself here. Hi =) I'm a GTI driver, 2014 Performance edition, got the car at the end of last year and already have put over 20k km on it because it's my work car and I work all over northern Europe. I hope to find people here who can guide me to various forms of sport driving meets, I have hopes of putting the car both on slalom courses and racetracks. I have track experience but it's all on a motorcycle, so I have to learn how to do it in a car.

That's all, hi everyone :)

Welcome to the board.
Lots of good information here. but our cars are not as good as the ones in Germany.....:)

Tschuss

BTFPTM

Welcome to the board.
Lots of good information here. but our cars are not as good as the ones in Germany.....:)

Tschuss

The difference is, though, that our cars (any car) are much easier to tune and modify in the US than Germany. Something as simple as a set of wheels or a cat-back exhaust can get your driver license revoked and your car impounded if you're caught driving with parts that are not on the very short list of road-legal mods.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
OP, are you a member of the ADAC? When I was stationed in Heidelberg,I was a member and they had high speed driving classes and events at the Hockenheimring. There is always the Nürburgring. But, I'd get some high speed, closed course experience first. Good Luck.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Welcome, I used to work in Neu Isenberg. I miss your drivers, American drivers have effectively no training compared to what German drivers go through.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Welcome, I used to work in Neu Isenberg. I miss your drivers, American drivers have effectively no training compared to what German drivers go through.
The OP hasn’t posted since 2018!