GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello from a newbie - couple of questions

Dave1874

Car(s)
Mk7 1.6 TDI
Hi. I've just purchased a 2014 mk7 1.6 TDI SE.
just got a couple of questions.
It's got 71k miles on it. I don't think it's had the cam belt, water pump and aux belt done. At 71k and the age, I'm surprised it hasn't been done. Does anyone know when this is due and what would you expect to pay to get it done? (UK independent)
Also no USB port anywhere. Just a media-in port in the front cubby hole. Feels so wrong that a USB wasn't included as standard in this trim. I've seen I can get an adaptor (media-in to USB). Am I right in thinking this will do nothing but just charge my phone?
It's non nav.
Anyone know of any solutions for using waze on my infotainment screen that aren't ridiculously expensive.
I mean it's not the end of the world, nav instructions still blare out via Bluetooth and my phone vent mount does the job fine. Just feel like there should be an easy solution to utilise mfd the car already has.
Any help/advice appreciated. Many thanks :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I re-wrote the official VW service schedules here:-

VW Golf Mk7 (all versions) Official Worldwide Maintenance Schedules | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

For a UK diesel look at post no.3
VW Golf Mk7 (all versions) Official Worldwide Maintenance Schedules | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

The mileage is for every 140,000miles....best to ask on the diesel engien section. Best yet would be to find a UK forum on diesels...as VW UK might recommend something different. It should have been changed by now due to age if its a belt....

Regards the MIBI unit..yours is an early version having the "media" out cable..

Best look in the infotainment section..

There are companies in the uK who do full retrofits & upgrades....I've not used them, but they appear to be knowledgeable maybe enquire with them??

VW Retrofit - Retrofitting for VW, Seat & Skoda Cars in Redditch (vw-retrofit.co.uk)

VW Retrofit LTD | Facebook

All depends on how much you want to spend....in aftermarket terms...Alpine do a couple of units for UK cars..

Alpine - X903D-G7R 9” Touch Screen Navigation for Volkswagen Golf 7 with TomTom maps, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Alpine - i902D-G7R 9” Mobile Media System for Volkswagen Golf 7, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility

Dave1874

Car(s)
Mk7 1.6 TDI
I re-wrote the official VW service schedules here:-

For a UK diesel look at post no.3

The mileage is for every 140,000miles....best to ask on the diesel engien section. Best yet would be to find a UK forum on diesels...as VW UK might recommend something different. It should have been changed by now due to age if its a belt....

Regards the MIBI unit..yours is an early version having the "media" out cable..

Best look in the infotainment section..

There are companies in the uK who do full retrofits & upgrades....I've not used them, but they appear to be knowledgeable maybe enquire with them??

VW Retrofit - Retrofitting for VW, Seat & Skoda Cars in Redditch (vw-retrofit.co.uk)

VW Retrofit LTD | Facebook

All depends on how much you want to spend....in aftermarket terms...Alpine do a couple of units for UK cars..

Alpine - X903D-G7R 9” Touch Screen Navigation for Volkswagen Golf 7 with TomTom maps, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Alpine - i902D-G7R 9” Mobile Media System for Volkswagen Golf 7, featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
Brilliant, thank you. Legend 👍