GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Gadzooks

Back in the fold

Hello to all! Picked up my 2011 GTI 4dr DSG Autobahn in DBPM last week. This is my second Golf and loving it. I'm looking forward to being on this forum and learning about what works and doesn't, I've been a member over at Vortex for quite some time but felt it was time for a change.

Mods planned are O.Z. Superturismos, Koni Coilovers, and some go faster mods (not too extreme, just the bolt on's).

flug2012

Ready to race!
Here goes some pics. :)

You'll have to redo the pics brah. ;)

wanderingmatt

Howdy! New to the forum and new to VW. I am now the proud owner of a 2012 4DR GTI in Candy White with DSG. Took delivery over the holidays. Absolutely loving it so far!

One of my best friends owns a MKIV GTI. Between riding in his car and driving virtual GTIs in Gran Turismo and Forza, I knew the GTI would be my next car. I tried to make an MKV happen, but the timing never worked out. Fortunately, when the MKVI was revealed, I thought the styling was even better. The rest, as they say, is history.

Been lurking on here for a while. Starting to prefer the posts here over Vortex, so I thought it was time to finally say hello.

Posted some pics over in Member Car Journals - 8 years in the making

ScottMc

new mods

Hello- New here. Just wanted to shout out to somebody who knows how psyched I am right now. Got up at 2am to drive from Portland, Or to Surry, Canada to have a HPA Stage 2 DSG reflash and dog bone motor mount installed. Last week I added an APR downpipe and my 2nd reflash and went from an APR stage 1 to an APR stage 2. Everything else is stock. As you can imagine, the car has too little traction . (Continental DWS's are hard as a rock but love to burn out with little wear), not enough suspension, and not enough brakes.....but I love it. I owned an 83 rabbit GTI in 85 and a 87.5 GTI 16V I bought new. Fun cars till I crashed them both under the influence. Lets hope I learned my lesson as a younger man. Long live the GTI!

Junz804

Hey guys been a long time reader and decided to finally register. In the middle of some paperworks to get a new 2012 gti with dsg. Wanted to get a manual but since this my first car I'll have enough problems driving without worrying about shifting but I'm pretty psyched about getting a gti as my first car. The gti is definitely in the top 5 of my favorite cars. Sorry about my rambling but I'm just so excited and I hope that I'll get along with everybody in this forum.

zinkracer

Big Day

Just got home with my '11 GTI with DSG. Did a lot of research and settled on a GTI and started shopping. I drove and manual and then the DSG today. I was going to wait until spring to buy but this car is a really nice one owner with 19K miles. They eventually made me a price I couldn't refuse. Traded my Subbie XT Outback - a nice car too.

I live in the mountains of NC so I'm going to think hard about winter tires and maybe with new wheels for those. Would appreciate any advice on winter driving. I gave up AWD and lots of ground clearance but now have something that will put a smile on my face everyday.

No roadgoing VW background at all, but been a car guy all along and a sometimes SCCA and vintage racer. Have owned about 6 Formula Vee's over the years - most recently a nice '72 Zink. Zink was a leading manufacturer of small bore formula cars and sports racers for some years. Vee's will teach you how to drive because you have so little power and you have to drive very cleanly while also maintaining momentum. A great class and many stay in it for decades.

Looking forward to learning more about these neat cars.

JAG
Blowing Rock, NC

flug2012

Ready to race!
Just got home with my '11 GTI with DSG. Did a lot of research and settled on a GTI and started shopping. I drove and manual and then the DSG today. I was going to wait until spring to buy but this car is a really nice one owner with 19K miles. They eventually made me a price I couldn't refuse. Traded my Subbie XT Outback - a nice car too.

I live in the mountains of NC so I'm going to think hard about winter tires and maybe with new wheels for those. Would appreciate any advice on winter driving. I gave up AWD and lots of ground clearance but now have something that will put a smile on my face everyday.

No roadgoing VW background at all, but been a car guy all along and a sometimes SCCA and vintage racer. Have owned about 6 Formula Vee's over the years - most recently a nice '72 Zink. Zink was a leading manufacturer of small bore formula cars and sports racers for some years. Vee's will teach you how to drive because you have so little power and you have to drive very cleanly while also maintaining momentum. A great class and many stay in it for decades.

Looking forward to learning more about these neat cars.

JAG
Blowing Rock, NC

Hi John! Congrats on the GTI :thumbsup: Post up some pics....

zinkracer

Better and better

Hi John! Congrats on the GTI :thumbsup: Post up some pics....

Sometimes a newbie just stumbles into something good. I verified today that this baby (black obsidian pearl) has an APR stage 1 ECU upgrade and an APR cold air intake. Finally got to do some more spirited driving today. WOW! Got more car than I paid for. It also has that clear material on the nose and part of the hood to protect the finish from stones and such. :w00t:

I can't wait to get this thing up to VIR and see what she'll do.

JAG

Appreciate any advice on winter tires/wheels. It does snow here at 3800 ft.

flug2012

Ready to race!
Sometimes a newbie just stumbles into something good. I verified today that this baby (black obsidian pearl) has an APR stage 1 ECU upgrade and an APR cold air intake. Finally got to do some more spirited driving today. WOW! Got more car than I paid for. It also has that clear material on the nose and part of the hood to protect the finish from stones and such. :w00t:

I can't wait to get this thing up to VIR and see what she'll do.

JAG

Appreciate any advice on winter tires/wheels. It does snow here at 3800 ft.

First check the valve stems on your current wheels for the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). If you have metal stems you have the TPMS sensors in the wheels, if rubber they read off the ABS system. This will be important to know if you plan on putting on your winter wheels/tires. I usually buy from the Tirerack and they sell snow setups. Shop around and do some research on the type of tire for your conditions... :w00t:

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
((N E W))

Hey everyone! Started out with a 92 Ford Thunderbird as my first car in 2006, then traded that in a year later for 04 Cavalier. The Cavi was good to me up until just recently, so car shopping we went! Hubby used to own and Jetta back in the day, so he was already looking at VW. I was looking at anything, but had a secret crush on hubby's friend's 08 GTI ((mmmm)). After about a week or so of researching and pricing things out-we decided on a new (19 miles) white 4dr 2012 DSG GTI. All I can say is, THIS CAR IS AMAZING! I love everything about it, and it's super fun to drive! I hope to learn alot from this forum, and maybe meet some of you that are local. :D

amsirron23

Ready to race!
Hey guys. So excited to be picking up my 2011 CSG GTI 2-door this coming Tuesday! First GTI! (Upgrading from the 2008 "2-Slow" Jetta).

I've already read through these forums religiously and I can't wait to start driving my new baby and getting some mods done!