GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox VW sound upgrade HELP!

mlewando

Ready to race!
Guys,
I do also have problem with distortion in tweeters..
Do you resolved the problem?

Starshaped

Ready to race!
There is a little dongle that the dealer can get/has,they plug it in and set it to whichever car it is and how many speakers that car has. Maybe it wasnt programmed properly.

Littleredtipi

Ready to race!
I mean, it's not absolutely terrible. I can only hear it when the car is not running, usually when I get into the car and turn on the ignition without starting the car.

I need to record a video to make sure I'm not losing my mind.

Littleredtipi

Ready to race!
Here's the hissing I'm talking about. I'm simply turning the radio on and off. There's a defined popping noise followed by hissing when I turn on the radio, and then another pop followed by silence when the radio is turned to the off position.

https://vid.me/K95T

Might it be possible the amp is bad?

Joncoulson

Ready to race!
Agreed. I was under the impression you have the same setup and don't have any of these issues, correct?

I'm happy with mine of course if you turn the volume up too much you get distortion but at a moderate level it's 100 times better than stock. I drive a lot and listen to it pretty loud with no complaints I think I'm gonna replace the woofers with a single Jl audio 8 and still use the same amp and build a different enclosure b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlewando

Ready to race!
I'm happy with mine of course if you turn the volume up too much you get distortion but at a moderate level it's 100 times better than stock. I drive a lot and listen to it pretty loud with no complaints I think I'm gonna replace the woofers with a single Jl audio 8 and still use the same amp and build a different enclosure b

Hi did You fix the issue?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
So what is the deal here. VW USA shows the MK7 GTI as the stock profile - do I need it programmed? I am in Canada and I do not believe any of the dealers have the dongle.

Joncoulson

Ready to race!
So what is the deal here. VW USA shows the MK7 GTI as the stock profile - do I need it programmed? I am in Canada and I do not believe any of the dealers have the dongle.

The mk7 is plug n play for the helix wire it and boom! Idk if Canada is the same I would check on that.