GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sort of on topic... if these are the adaptations that I've read about changing in 5F it could help some folks out. My untested understanding is that changing these would change the center frequency for each of the EQ sliders. Could tame the frequencies that are giving you fatigue and/or breaking up at high volumes

5F Adaptation Snip.JPG

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
^ Honestly I agree, once I got used to the balance I felt the system has a lot of clarity. The main issue for me is that the sound quality falls apart at high speeds. I think wind or vibration is getting into the speaker cavity and messing it up... But I guess I'm used to BMWs and nicer cars so it's not a fair comparison. Maybe it's just not possible to have great audio at 80MPH+ in this price range.
Dynamat on the door frame and foam insulation inside the door panel go a long way to help that! I did that to all four doors, it really does make a noticeable difference. But it's work...

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Sort of on topic... if these are the adaptations that I've read about changing in 5F it could help some folks out. My untested understanding is that changing these would change the center frequency for each of the EQ sliders. Could tame the frequencies that are giving you fatigue and/or breaking up at high volumes

View attachment 229708

That's interesting. I saw those adaptation options just snooping around, but wasn't sure what they'd do. So for example if the upper mids are the most fatiguing, it may be worth bumping up the mid center frequency to 2000, or 2500.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I would think so. I never messed around with them either but I'm now running and AudioControl DSP so it's too late for me. I also didn't have any problem areas with my Helix but it's free, quick, easy and reversible for anyone that does.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Dynamat on the door frame and foam insulation inside the door panel go a long way to help that! I did that to all four doors, it really does make a noticeable difference. But it's work...
Didn't use Dynamat, used Noico black 80 Mil Butyl deadener in the rear hatch, under the rear seat and i'm getting to the doors. Even just under the rear seats and in the hatch it's made a huge difference in road noise and music sound with the helix back there. Also but the helix under my spare, not sure if it helps, but it's not muffled either.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't use Dynamat, used Noico black 80 Mil Butyl deadener in the rear hatch, under the rear seat and i'm getting to the doors. Even just under the rear seats and in the hatch it's made a huge difference in road noise and music sound with the helix back there. Also but the helix under my spare, not sure if it helps, but it's not muffled either.
Oh, I used the term Dynamat generically like Kleenex. I actually used the same Noico product as you (helluva lot cheaper than real Dynamat). Agreed, well worth the effort. and IMO it's 98% as good as dynamat at 33% the price.

And totally agreed about the helix under the spare. It is designed to be at the base of the tire well, not above the spare. I tried it in both ways and concur it's best below the spare.

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
Oh, I used the term Dynamat generically like Kleenex. I actually used the same Noico product as you (helluva lot cheaper than real Dynamat). Agreed, well worth the effort. and IMO it's 98% as good as dynamat at 33% the price.

And totally agreed about the helix under the spare. It is designed to be at the base of the tire well, not above the spare. I tried it in both ways and concur it's best below the spare.
I'm going to give this a try. Its been sitting on top of my spare for 3 years but it makes sense that it belongs below.

tom01710

Car(s)
Polo GTI Aw
Hello everyone,
I actually have a dongle that I will sell when programming is done.

But I’m facing a problem for now :
The SD card of the dongle is not up to date and some files are missing.
The small exe program doesn’t work too…
I need the file number 14 (polo 7)
Is there a possibility that someone send me the file corresponding ?
It would really help me !

Thank you

Karbelkar

Car(s)
2019 Golf 7.5 GTI
Hello everyone,
I actually have a dongle that I will sell when programming is done.

But I’m facing a problem for now :
The SD card of the dongle is not up to date and some files are missing.
The small exe program doesn’t work too…
I need the file number 14 (polo 7)
Is there a possibility that someone send me the file corresponding ?
It would really help me !

Thank you
try this link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wk5rospu3hzkp6y/AAAY7Gt_OSwuJL0H824rOIBma?dl=0

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Is it really okay to put the helix UNDER the spare? Mine's on top.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
How did you attach the mat to the surfaces?