GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Sound upgrade dongle official rental thread!

nrk112

I programmed the unit today so its ready to ship to next person.

I was kinda skeptical that this thing would work even though everyone said it would. but, it sounds awesome! I didn't spend too much time listening, but pretty much every aspect of it was improved after programming. Tighter bass, better mids and highs, improved soundstage... I think the volume is louder overall as well.

Anyways I would definitely do this all over. Its even worth the original price in the $500 range I think.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Updated first post. Box on way to Dave. Emailing next in line.
Nedim refunded.

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Dongle received, sub tuned and dongle is ready to go to the next person. Just need address.

My sub was definitely not coded correctly. Bass response is significantly better and the sound stage is much better.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Updated main thread.
Refunded nrk112.
Sent Dave address info for RunHop.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Dongle is out the door on its way to RunHop.

Tracking sent to wy2sl0

Thanks again for doing this!

Updated main thread. Refunded Dave.
Dongle on way to Read. Thanks!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
To be transparent and update everyone I had the dongle shipped to my office because there are too many package thieves around my home area and I didn't want to put it at risk.

USPS showed the package was received by the USPS facility here in town, however it came to them just before noon. My employer's delivery people (it's a big company) had already done their USPS from that facility pickup earlier in the day so it wasn't gotten by my employer today. They will get it Monday and will take a day to sort and distribute to my building so I should have it in my hands Tuesday.

There are two other forum members who are local to me, one of whom was already on the list in this thread, who need to program. So we three will aim to get this all wrapped up by the end of next weekend so that I can ship out to the next person the following Monday.

While it's a slight delay I'd rather be safe than sorry and kill 2 birds with one stone by taking a couple other renters off the list. Thanks.

monkey_luck

Passed Driver's Ed
My dongle came in and I just started to rent it on the mk7 FB group. I shipped it out yesterday to the first person. There is a list of 6 currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be installing my Helix system this weekend or next. I am in the Cary area and work in RTP, so let me know when you get the dongle back.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I will be installing my Helix system this weekend or next. I am in the Cary area and work in RTP, so let me know when you get the dongle back.

Will do. I have 9 on my list right now. I'm down in Garner.

I'll put you on the list so it will get to you.

Last edited:

gtihop

can someone post the step by step instructions on how to use this dongle. i have access to one at the dealer but it has no instructions.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
can someone post the step by step instructions on how to use this dongle. i have access to one at the dealer but it has no instructions.

I have a video posted on the mk7 Facebook page under my dongle rental thread that gives step by step.