GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix MK7 Facelift Style LED Tails Coding

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm looking at getting the Helix Facelift Style LED Tails (these ones specifically), along with the recommended Helix harness, and am trying to figure out what would need to be done with coding.

I can't turn up shit for info on the coding, and I'm usually pretty good at searching/Googling.

I asked UroTuning if they came with instructions to use with OBD11, and they said it can use the one-touch programming app. But there's 4 listed, and none of them look like they'd work:

LED Tail Lights Retrofit
DAP LED Tail Lights Adapter Harness Coding
DAP MK7.5 Tail Harness
USP MK7.5 Facelift Tail Harness

The first two look to be for the original non-facelift style Euro LED lights. The last two are for the facelift style, but using different harnesses. So I'm not sure which to use, if any.

Any help on the coding for these would be great. Thanks.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If you get the 7.5 look for the Mk7 and use the Mk7 harness...then you would use the Mk7 coding.

I would not use the app and use the long method. If you use the wrong app and things go wrong...you really have no way to backtrack.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you get the 7.5 look for the Mk7 and use the Mk7 harness...then you would use the Mk7 coding.

I would not use the app and use the long method. If you use the wrong app and things go wrong...you really have no way to backtrack.

I would love to use the long coding method, but nobody can seem to point me in the right direction for the coding.

Also, it seems as long as you backup the control unit, you can just restore that if something goes wrong.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I don't think you can "backup" as to revert back...but you can save a copy of your current settings that you can refer back to. I had a whole debacle with coding my taillights by using the app. My lights were all screwed up. I was fortunate to have DV52 troubleshoot my coding. It took a couple days...but it eventually got sorted.

ECS and Deutsche Auto both have coding instructions on their site.

Before you do anything...make a copy of your current settings. I usually just take a screenshot before modifying anything.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't think you can "backup" as to revert back...but you can save a copy of your current settings that you can refer back to. I had a whole debacle with coding my taillights by using the app. My lights were all screwed up. I was fortunate to have DV52 troubleshoot my coding. It took a couple days...but it eventually got sorted.

ECS and Deutsche Auto both have coding instructions on their site.

Before you do anything...make a copy of your current settings. I usually just take a screenshot before modifying anything.

I wasn't sure if those instructions would work, because those are for a different harness. They could be the same harness in the end, but it's hard to find concrete information.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, just updating this incase anyone looks for this info in the future. If you're putting the Helix facelift style LED tails (believe Depo and Vland are the same exact ones), and using the Helix harness for sequential turn signals, you can use the DAP one touch coding "DAP LED Tail Light Adapter Harness Coding", or the steps here: https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/dap-mk7-led-taillight-coding.html. Even though those are for the non-facelift lights, they work fine and enable sequential turns.

calvin902

Car(s)
VW 2015 GTI mk7
So, just updating this incase anyone looks for this info in the future. If you're putting the Helix facelift style LED tails (believe Depo and Vland are the same exact ones), and using the Helix harness for sequential turn signals, you can use the DAP one touch coding "DAP LED Tail Light Adapter Harness Coding", or the steps here: https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/dap-mk7-led-taillight-coding.html. Even though those are for the non-facelift lights, they work fine and enable sequential turns.

This is super helpful thanks man . I was looking at the same lights for my MK7 GTI. Just wondering, was there any wire issue for you and how is the fitment? Still enjoying it? :)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is super helpful thanks man . I was looking at the same lights for my MK7 GTI. Just wondering, was there any wire issue for you and how is the fitment? Still enjoying it? :)

Fitment is good. There are some adjustments you can tweak, but I never bothered. No issues with wiring. 9 months later, still going fine, and I still think they're one of the best visual looking mods you can do to the car. Completely transforms the rear end.

PXL_20201120_145946344.jpg

PXL_20201120_145951322.jpg