GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated Steering Wheel

mjay

Hi
I am new to the forum so hello!
I have a MK7 Match 1.4TSi with the heated steering wheel and winter pack.
I have manual air con.
The heated steering wheel only gets luke warm - in the user manual it states if I had opted for climate control I would have the option of 3 heat settings (just like the heated seats)

Does anyone know if this can be made hotter - the car went into the garage yesterday and the mechanics said it could not

any help would be appreciated

GeoBog

Ready to race!
It most probably can be done via VCDS. The heated seats temperature can be set via VCDS so don't see why the steering wheel would be different.

mjay

Thanks - I thought this might be the case although when I suggested it to the VW dealer they were adamant that they had spoken to "head office" to be told it was not possible

any ideas where I could get this done in West/North Yorkshire?

thanks again for your help

phope1

Ready to race!
On our Audi A6 with a heated wheel, it can be tweaked with VCDS to turn up the temp by a few degrees

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
thanks for your help
I don't know why it isn't a GTi option - my multifunction wheel with paddles looks pretty much the same as the Gti + R

That was my next question. I have not seen this option for GTD, GTI or R.

Is this something new?

Rappy:cool:

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
That was my next question. I have not seen this option for GTD, GTI or R.

Is this something new?

Rappy:cool:

Thought it was available on later MY models (not that it interests me, I've never found the steering wheel to be hot or cold).

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
A guy at work raves about the heated SW on his Vaux, a lady with her Corsa doesn't use it, Windscreen for me for the money.

mjay

you had to go for advanced telephone pack to get the front windscreen - I have nerve damage in my hands and have to wear gloves all year which is why I was drawn to the heated wheel

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I had it on my last car and wouldn't ever bother with it again.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
you had to go for advanced telephone pack to get the front windscreen - I have nerve damage in my hands and have to wear gloves all year which is why I was drawn to the heated wheel

I can understand that, I know my colleague with the corsa came in the other day wearing her gloves, I asked "I thought you had a heated SW"
She replied she does but doesn't use it (or know how to work it).
Yes the advanced telephone connection is mandotary on the Golfs for the climate screen.