GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I want to retrofit seat heating as OEM as possible. so far I read (almost) everything I could find with google, here and other forums.

I know that the Climatronic panel needs to be replaced, that Kufatec harness needs to be run and, of course, heating mats must be in the seats. BCM also needs to support this.

However, I still have several question, I hope senior members can help me but any hint would be appreciated:

1) I see different part numbers for Climatronic panels that look the same, so... which one do I choose?
2) How do I know if my BCM supports heated seats?
3) If I had to replace the BCM, again, what part number should I pick?
4) Heating mats in the lower portion of the seat have an integrated thermometer (NTC probe) but the upper mat appears to be just a resistor on the schematics... since OEM mats are crazy expensive, can I get two universal mats on ebay for the upper part?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I want to retrofit seat heating as OEM as possible. so far I read (almost) everything I could find with google, here and other forums.

I know that the Climatronic panel needs to be replaced, that Kufatec harness needs to be run and, of course, heating mats must be in the seats. BCM also needs to support this.

However, I still have several question, I hope senior members can help me but any hint would be appreciated:

1) I see different part numbers for Climatronic panels that look the same, so... which one do I choose?
2) How do I know if my BCM supports heated seats?
3) If I had to replace the BCM, again, what part number should I pick?
4) Heating mats in the lower portion of the seat have an integrated thermometer (NTC probe) but the upper mat appears to be just a resistor on the schematics... since OEM mats are crazy expensive, can I get two universal mats on ebay for the upper part?

Tough questions.

1. Check with a dealer to see if you can purchase just the switches and remove panel plugs instead of buying the whole panel.

2. Do you have a VCDS so you can query the module to see if there's a checkbox or menu choice for heated seats? You can also try scanning your module with VCDS to get the part number and compare it to someone else's who has a car like yours with heated seats that was built around the same time as yours.

4. I don't know if the heated seat mats are in the CAN, so I don't know if the CAN is looking for a resistance value for the heating elements. See if the wiring diagram shows relays on the circuits. Could be it only looks at the resistance in the switches.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You can control the mats via obdeleven.

Have you thought about buying used heated seats instead? I don’t know what trim you have but the Golf is the market leader in Europe for 43 years in a row. There should be some used seats be available and you might save the hassle of installing the mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I was looking at that kit as well but I could never be sure if it's an OEM original or a chinese clone.

I found the climate control panel on ebay and two mats already.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I was looking at that kit as well but I could never be sure if it's an OEM original or a chinese clone.

I found the climate control panel on ebay and two mats already.

its not oem for sure, oem is a lot more expensive but its kind of the same

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I have swapped the Climatronic panel and put the old "long coding" on the new one. I am left with these two errors and AC won't work (pressing the AC button does not light the AC led and compressor won't start). I kind of understand the whole thing has to be initialized.

Any help? :)

65543 - No Basic Setting
B2010 00 [008] - -
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 7
Mileage: 16452 km
Date: 2018.02.07
Time: 17:28:36

524545 - AC Compressor First Run-In
B109E F0 [009] - Not Performed
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 222
Mileage: 16452 km
Date: 2018.02.07
Time: 17:28:36

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I solved it, there is a document on RT wiki that states how the AC should be re-initialized after replacing the control panel.

all is good now!

jackowski11

Hello @davide.bonetti
How are your buoys with heated seats? He has been fighting for about 3 weeks with a similar topic in Skoda Octavia 3.
I made a post on the Briskoda forum, so far silence.
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/443684-octavia-3-heated-seats-retrofit/

I am looking for similar dilemmas on the Internet and I came across your post
I have bought OEM mats, an exchange panel with keys for heated stools. The purchase or making of the main beam is now waiting for me.
The biggest problem I will have with bundles under the seats
5E (this designation is in VAG Skoda) 0971365 and 5E0971366 - passenger.
Well, this sensor
3AA959772

Jack

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
Jack,

I am not sure about the Octavia, but my parents actually have the very same car with heated seats so I can take a look at coding if you want.

I can tell you that you definitely need a M+ or a H BCM to handle heated seats.
I am not sure what the 3AA 959 772 control unit is, maybe check the wiring?
Just buy one hour of Skoda ERWIN and download everything you need.

I ended up going with aftermarket mats, with 40 EUR I bought all four :) I am crossing my fingers, it appears the OEM mats just have a NTC probe as a temperature sensor.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
i think the biggest hurdle is going to be the BCM...the lowline unit doesnt have the pins to run power out to the heated seat...

jackowski11

Hi David

BCM I have in the High version. Otherwise, I would not take up the subject - for large costs
There is such a controller 3AA 959 772 or 1K0 959 772, the same number of pins. Functionally I think with too.
I have an electric scheme ahead for Skoda (I think that the Golf MK7 will be exactly the same pins and socket numbers in plugs in BCM - these cars are not much different)
If you like, I can send
I am not an electrician, but ready-made bundles are available for purchase.
As I wrote, the topic of bundles under the seats and the magic driver is not very clear to me: 3AA 959 772
So original OEM mats have a temerature sensor stitched. But that is not enough. It must control something - either this magic driver or the BCM itself.

Number 8 - control unit for seat heating
http://www.oemepc.com/skoda/part_si...963/subcategory/963000/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_8

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
well, I say this thing got delayed quite a bit :)

I was able to final test the installation today, I just upgraded BCM and Gateway to HIGH.

I still have the mats outside the seats.

I plugged them in and they work.

Upholsterer is booked for 9/17.

The installation is 90% OEM.

I am beyond happy :)