GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks,

An update about the BCM which one is need for my Golf 7 2017 Facelift.

This one is in stock at VW germany:

Next BCM's will fit:
5Q0937084CD BASIC
5Q0937084CE MEDIUM
5Q0937084CF HIGH

5Q0937084CG HIGH (on stock VW)

For my car it would be: 5Q0937084CG
2nd hand I pay around 150 euros incl shipping. And 30 euro's to remove the component protection.

I will keep you all updated about the progress.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
I am happy that you found it, however you could have spent half of that money.

remember that you can do all your coding/adapt even if CP kicks in. you can go to the dealer after you program everything.

remember both key fobs as they will need to be learned by the new BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKIN1

I am happy that you found it, however you could have spent half of that money.

remember that you can do all your coding/adapt even if CP kicks in. you can go to the dealer after you program everything.

remember both key fobs as they will need to be learned by the new BCM.

How could he have spent half? I need a 5Q0-937-087-N which is the top of the line for the TDI as I understand it.

And, can you still drive the car if CP kicks in?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
How could he have spent half? I need a 5Q0-937-087-N which is the top of the line for the TDI as I understand it.

And, can you still drive the car if CP kicks in?

You can drive the car with CP, but certain BCM functions are disabled.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
the market for used BCM is up and down, Venigo could have bought his for less than 80 euros.

the one you need is more rare and expensive.

you need to do coding/adapt before driving the car around if you don't know where the BCM is coming from = what features had the donor car.

I installed a BCM from an Audi A3 with Xenon lights and other stuff that my car does not have, so if I didn't change coding/adapt my high beams stayed always on! just an example.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
the market for used BCM is up and down, Venigo could have bought his for less than 80 euros.

the one you need is more rare and expensive.

you need to do coding/adapt before driving the car around if you don't know where the BCM is coming from = what features had the donor car.

I installed a BCM from an Audi A3 with Xenon lights and other stuff that my car does not have, so if I didn't change coding/adapt my high beams stayed always on! just an example.

Can you make coding changes when component protection is activated?

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you make coding changes when component protection is activated?

Nope. I wouldn't accept any coding.

Does anyone know btw if the doormodule is secured with component protection? Normally it isn't right.

@davide.bonetti,

I could buy one on ebay for 79,90 ex. shipping. Over here in the Netherlands the prices varies between 100 - 199 euros. I bought mine for 160 euros incl. secured shipping and with 24 months of warranty. It is possible to try to get the best for less buck, but imagine if you buy one from ebay and it is not working / damaged. I have some experience with that before, then it is better to get the right one in first place haha.

The dealer here asked about 450 euros for it, incl vat. Only the BCM. Glad I didn't do that haha.

SKIN1

I am still very unsure as to what BCM I need. I have a 2015 USA Spec Golf Sportwagen TDI model S. I want the most capable BCM that I can get incase I want to do other retrofit projects. I thought I needed a 5Q0937087N but I am not sure if a 5Q0937084AA?

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
I am still very unsure as to what BCM I need. I have a 2015 USA Spec Golf Sportwagen TDI model S. I want the most capable BCM that I can get incase I want to do other retrofit projects. I thought I needed a 5Q0937087N but I am not sure if a 5Q0937084AA?

Just get the replacement part of VW which is oem on stock, they dont have low/mid bcms on stock.

-- My high bcm is fitted and coded. Now going to do the wiring. I also have ordered some footwell lights, power folding mirrors for my high door control modules, so some stuff will be added to.

Only at my driver seat, I noticed an extra hidden cable. Now I don't know what this kind of cable is. I guessing it is the memory / can cable for the massage function...

Pictures:

The one on top - left:

Does somebody know what kind of plug this is?

Edit:
Driver seat module for ergoactive: 3AA959257

Last edited:

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed