GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated seats are weak...

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I must have a sensitive ass then because on cold mornings I never have mine higher than one.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I use mine on level 3 all the time. Helps with my lumbar arthritis and scoliosis, and I don't think its too hot.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Can't even imagine 3, I tried 2 once and thought I was sitting in a frying pan.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
My girl friend like it set to 3... she says it's nice and toasty.. I'm like if you are a marshmallow maybe.
I'd bet her toasted buns make for good hand warmers on a cold day.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
OK, so it sure seems like something is wrong with mine. I don't know anybody else locally with a Mk7 for me to compare with but my past experience correlates with all of you guys. Usually having them on the highest level fires them off really quickly and within a few minutes I've had to turn them down to "1".

In my car now, level "3" takes a long time to get warm and never gets past the warm feeling, they never get hot

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Being in Phoenix I've never used the seat heater but I sure could have used a seat cooler.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, that's one of the things that irritates me about the R. My 2l 16v GTI came with BBS wheels and recaro seats that the "regular" GTi didn't have. The first R32 came with Koenig seats. The R? Completely same interior as the GTi and on top of that, no option for a sunroof! WTF!

The Jetta GLI has heated AND cooled seats, plus memory control for the seats. Why doesn't the R have that? The R should've come with the Macan/brembo brakes, BBS wheels, Recaro seats, etc, etc, etc. Total BS

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I have leather seats in my gti. They take forever to warm up but they do get super hot. Uncomfortably so

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah, that's one of the things that irritates me about the R. My 2l 16v GTI came with BBS wheels and recaro seats that the "regular" GTi didn't have. The first R32 came with Koenig seats. The R? Completely same interior as the GTi and on top of that, no option for a sunroof! WTF!

The Jetta GLI has heated AND cooled seats, plus memory control for the seats. Why doesn't the R have that? The R should've come with the Macan/brembo brakes, BBS wheels, Recaro seats, etc, etc, etc. Total BS
My wife has a 2020 GLI. I dig her amenities and ancillary stuff more than my 2020 gti if I can be frank.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've owned VW/Audi/Porsches for decades and on all of them the heated seats worked quickly and were really hot, especially on full blast. The seats in my 19 R take a long time to get warm and never really get hot, even on full blast.

Is this normal for them or something I need to have the dealer look into?
Im now on my 3rd Mk7 golf and all of them had very hot, fast-warming heated seats. Sounds like something’s wrong with your R’s

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Im now on my 3rd Mk7 golf and all of them had very hot, fast-warming heated seats. Sounds like something’s wrong with your R’s
Yeah, I agree. I'm having the dealer look into it when they replace my broken passenger grab handle.