GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated seats are weak...

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I've owned VW/Audi/Porsches for decades and on all of them the heated seats worked quickly and were really hot, especially on full blast. The seats in my 19 R take a long time to get warm and never really get hot, even on full blast.

Is this normal for them or something I need to have the dealer look into?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, so are you able to raise the actual temperature that the elements hit? How do I do that with vag com? Looks like there are 5 settings but the switch only has 3?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Its all subjective. Try the dealer and see if they find an issue with it

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
In the modern age, we are all looking outward and finding faults. Very few if any will ever admit fault. A very common dichotomy.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Ive never even used mine, except to test them before buying.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Hmm, so are you able to raise the actual temperature that the elements hit? How do I do that with vag com? Looks like there are 5 settings but the switch only has 3?

Yes. IDK how you can do it with vag com. It's been a couple years since I adjusted mine, but IIRC there is bottom and back and upper and lower thresholds.

Some more info here: https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2517/heated-seats-heat-control

It's nice because I like more heat on my back than the cushion.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Level 3 on the heater is a testicle toaster.

OP, have you compared your seat heaters to another MK7's in person? Would be a quick way to determine if yours are underperforming.