GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heated seats are weak...

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Did you ever have the dealer check out your heated seats? After the Arctic cold all through February I've been complaining about my seats being very slow to heat up too. My wife and daughter both have MINI Coopers. Their seats are hot by the time we get 2 blocks from the house. My GTI takes almost 5 minutes before I notice any warmth. I've seen some OBDeleven posts where people change the temp of just the back at setting 2. They have been keeping it below the level 3 setting though. I wonder about raising the temp of level 3 beyond the spec. Would it heat faster or at the same speed, but just get hotter at the end. The setting says you're adjusting the current. That makes me think more current = faster. The actual setting, however, says degrees C, so that wouldn't necessarily heat faster.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
The seats take a little while to get warm but once they do they get very hot. Maybe 5 minutes to full heat. Too hot to keep at full boil. The first setting is most comfortable for a longer ride.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
It doesn't get very cold in FL so setting 3 is too warm most days, but I'll set it there when I start the car. It does warm up more quickly on that setting, and once I start to feel the warmth, I'll drop it down to the first setting. I think it also depends on the clothing you're wearing. Heavy clothing will take longer for the heating elements to warm up to actually feel it. If it's "brisk" out but I'm only wearing a t-shirt and jeans, I can feel setting 1 get warm much more quickly than if I were wearing a jacket.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’ve found the leather GTI seats to have weak heating. Interestingly the MK7 GLIs are very warm.

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I agree 3 is hot. I start on 3 and turn it down to 1 once it's warm. The problem is it takes so long to warm up. I swear my butt warms the seats faster than the other way around. I'm not going to get much pity here...but my commute is only about 7 minutes so I'm practically at work by the time the seats heat up. :/

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever have the dealer check out your heated seats? After the Arctic cold all through February I've been complaining about my seats being very slow to heat up too. My wife and daughter both have MINI Coopers. Their seats are hot by the time we get 2 blocks from the house. My GTI takes almost 5 minutes before I notice any warmth. I've seen some OBDeleven posts where people change the temp of just the back at setting 2. They have been keeping it below the level 3 setting though. I wonder about raising the temp of level 3 beyond the spec. Would it heat faster or at the same speed, but just get hotter at the end. The setting says you're adjusting the current. That makes me think more current = faster. The actual setting, however, says degrees C, so that wouldn't necessarily heat faster.
I did and the dealer said they were working properly. I agree that once they warm up "3" is too hot and I turn them down to "1". It just takes forever for them to warm up compared to previous Audi's I've owned and the Porsche Cayenne that's also in my garage. Those seats get nuclear inside of 1 minute.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
We can feel our Tesla's seats getting warm within a minute, and I would say they are functionally warming our cheeks before we get out of the neighborhood, 3 minutes going really slowly.

The heated seats in my Mk4 (leather) are slightly slower to warm than the Tesla but get blisteringly hot. Cloth in my Mk7 take long enough that I initially thought they weren't working. Then I was convinced the warmth was in my head, because I wanted them to be working, haha.

Turns out they do work, and 3 is too hot. But they definitely take their time getting there. I do the "set it on 3 until I feel it then reduce to 1" procedure as well. Wife says they're slow too, but she leaves it on 3.

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
So does anyone have experience or thoughts as to whether changing the settings in OBDeleven will affect how quickly they heat up or just the final temp?