GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlights?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I have standard head lights looking to purchase some reliable n affordable LED headlights.

Where you buy yours? Recommend me any website or brand

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
I
I have standard head lights looking to purchase some reliable n affordable LED headlights.

Where you buy yours? Recommend me any website or brand

I've just ordered mine on Lasfit, they are based in the US waiting for them to arrive. Will give you an update once i've plugged it in. They are the only ones that i found somehow decent h15's cause most of them are from China.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I

I've just ordered mine on Lasfit, they are based in the US waiting for them to arrive. Will give you an update once i've plugged it in. They are the only ones that i found somehow decent h15's cause most of them are from China.
Is it just the light or the entire LED projector? Throw in a screenshot or link if possible

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
you have a set yourself? I checked out online but every website has different currency exchanges n different prices pretty expensive stuff
I do not but I’ve some results from other users. Combine that with Osram’s known quality, I think they are worth it as a true plug and play setup

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
For low beam? We have the only low beam that aligns 9 and 3 for best beam angle and light spread - the lasfit will not align 9 and 3 and a big complain people bring to us - ours is a custom setup that will align correctly:
https://deautokey.com/product/new-l...olf-gof-sportwagen-alltrack-jsw-tiguan-passat
And high beam / DRL dual function - ours are error free plug and play and insanely bright. It is light having a light bar in your headlight:
https://deautokey.com/product/h15-d...00-plug-play-fits-many-volkswagen-audi-models

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
^^ legality?
Is anything except same type bulb replacement legal? My understanding was that even a retrofit of OEM equipment isn't legal. Certainly some options are worse than others, ranging from reduced light output for the driver to dangerously blinding other drivers... but all illegal.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
His stuff is NOT street legal, and for good reason. You don't put LEDs into reflector housings made for halogens. BAD and illegal idea, no matter what he may try to say. He's out to make a buck and doesn't give a rat's ass about legality or safety.

I highly doubt that retrofitting OEM lighting would be illegal, unless some part of the system were left out (i.e. leveling, not even sure of the legal requirement for it here stateside).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't think cops here care about headlights at all so long as they're working and not blinding oncoming drivers. I'm not arguing that putting LED bulbs in reflector housings is legal. All I'm saying is that legality isn't really a concern when people are not replacing say a halogen with a better (or preferred color temp/different) halogen.

Did some reading up on the laws for vehicle lighting before installing the Euro tails. They are illegal in the States (for reasons I think are silly) but I believe they are safe. I'm also running the Osram headlights. Again illegal, but pass my threshold for being safe. I haven't been flashed once in almost a year of driving with them. Could be because LA drivers are used to SUVs/poorly aimed HID retrofits/LEDs in reflector housings blinding them every day and mine are less blinding... or they're good quality and I got lucky with my rough height adjustment.

When I bought my Mk4 it had one of those cheap HID kits in the reflector housings. I knew it was blinding and avoided driving at night when possible. In the couple weeks it took for me to replace the bulb connectors and get H7s reinstalled I was flashed several times. Previous owner cut the connectors off and spliced the wiring straight to the HID kit ballasts... dangerous, negligent and illegal all wrapped up together.

Dannykarim17

Hi guys I’m looking to put 7.5 gtd headlights on my gt edition 1.6 (UK CAR). Just wondering do I need to replace the wing as well or will they fit into the wind already on the car?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Hi guys I’m looking to put 7.5 gtd headlights on my gt edition 1.6 (UK CAR). Just wondering do I need to replace the wing as well or will they fit into the wind already on the car?
What year is your car?? Isn't the GT edition a Mk 7.5? If so I thought the edition version of the GT came with led headlights?