GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlights and Taillights

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have any problems passing state inspection in VA with the Helix replica headlights and the euro mk7.5 taillights?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Lol... I ran into the same problem with my Ed's replicas. Fucking Virginia. It's so stupid, if your lights don't have that damn DoT sticker on them, it won't pass even though your lights are brighter and work they still won't pass it. So I had to find somebody that wasn't by the book/anal about the inspection.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea luckily I kept the stock ones so I’ll be changing them out in the parking lot. I know next time not to go to them.

zm231

I had the same issue before too. Don't know if they're close to you, but I used to bring my MK6 there with a bunch of mods and depo headlights/tail lights/tinted fog lights and they always passed me. Hope this helps.

Rosslyn Automotive
8320 Lee Hwy,
Fairfax, VA 22031

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
wife has never had a problem with inspections on her GSW with Helix reps. I don't even know where she went for her inspection, but 2 inspections now and no issues. No other real mods to the car so i'm guessing the techs can't tell a difference.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same issue before too. Don't know if they're close to you, but I used to bring my MK6 there with a bunch of mods and depo headlights/tail lights/tinted fog lights and they always passed me. Hope this helps.

Rosslyn Automotive
8320 Lee Hwy,
Fairfax, VA 22031

I wish it was but I’m in the Hampton Roads area. I do appreciate it though.

mcheggie

Passed Driver's Ed
wife has never had a problem with inspections on her GSW with Helix reps. I don't even know where she went for her inspection, but 2 inspections now and no issues. No other real mods to the car so i'm guessing the techs can't tell a difference.

I might have just got unlucky and got someone who cared why too much lol.

Classic Man

Car(s)
2017 VW GTI

Rosslyn Automotive
8320 Lee Hwy,
Fairfax, VA 22031
I needed this info as I have euro sweeping tail lights, osram mirror sweeping signal lights, and osram headlights. All euro spec and was concerned about Virginia inspection. Thank you!