GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight Bucket Compatibility

6_speed_GTI

Car(s)
2016 GTI 6 MT, Black
Does anyone know of a chart where I can see which headlights are plug and play with a 2016 GTI S (halogen lights)?
Is it possible to buy the stock HID lighting package (maybe from a wreck) and put it into my car?

Feel free to direct me elsewhere. Searches didn't come up with much, but I'm admittedly not very good at that.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The only plug and play option would be to swap the bulbs. To swap to the OEM Lighting Package housings, you would need the complete housings (housing, bulb, ballast) and would need to make coding changes via OBDEleven/VCDS

6_speed_GTI

Car(s)
2016 GTI 6 MT, Black
The only plug and play option would be to swap the bulbs. To swap to the OEM Lighting Package housings, you would need the complete housings (housing, bulb, ballast) and would need to make coding changes via OBDEleven/VCDS
I knew I would have to swap the housings. I was wondering if the plugs would fit, and if I'd need any software changes. It sounds like the housings will fit, but some coding changes will be needed.
Thanks for your help. There wasn't any clear place where I could find that they'll physically fit into the same spot in the car and have the connectors fit properly.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Halogen are 10 pin headlight connectors, Bi-Xenon are 14 pin. So you'd need an adapter at minimum to plug them in. You'll more than likely get a bunch of fun errors as you'll need to code the system for the draw of the bulbs, etc. All headlights Halogen/Bi-xenon across the golf range should fit eachother so long as you stay Pre or post face lift. As you have a 2016, you'd be pre face lift (7.5). So you're in the same boat as me for headlights. Anything 2015-2017 Golf, GTI, R, GSW/Alltrack lights will fit. Just depends on the "style" you want.

If you're looking for a plug and play version just to upgrade the headlight color or light output without AFS or auto leveling, I'd recommend either BEC/Ed's reps, or Helix.

I'm currently looking to retrofit Bi-xenon headlights into my 2017 GSW S with Halogen. Post with lots of information on the swap for a GTI:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ighting-package-afs-bi-xenon-retrofit.341350/