GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hawke's Build

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
I'm looking at other places to get the parts from and some of them look cheaper, but I don't know how much shipping would add on.

And I'm really trying to find an image of a clubsport bumper with the 7.5 headlights and cannot find one for the life of me.

7.5 R front face is still kinda on the table.
It will be a long wait for a full front end that’s being sold as a whole, which will cost more in the end.

Adding 7.5R headlights will of course revitalise the look and you’ll have more lighting but it’ll take away the OEM 7th generation look.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
It will be a long wait for a full front end that’s being sold as a whole, which will cost more in the end.

Adding 7.5R headlights will of course revitalise the look and you’ll have more lighting but it’ll take away the OEM 7th generation look.
Currently I'm running the 7.5 replica headlights so if I did have the clubsport bumper that's how it would be.

And I don't really know at this point, I've been watching AutoHaas for the fenders/bumper from a GTI or R.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Currently I'm running the 7.5 replica headlights so if I did have the clubsport bumper that's how it would be.

And I don't really know at this point, I've been watching AutoHaas for the fenders/bumper from a GTI or R.
The GTI would cost less than an R 😅 that’s just how the marketing works but they’re the same body.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
WE'VE GOT THE MIB2.5 IN WITH SOUND WORKING THIS TIME!
Amplifier was replaced and @simaservis1108 helped me remove component protection from it.
MIB2.5.jpg

MIB2.5(2).jpg

Also we hit the funni number
funni number.jpg

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
WE'VE GOT THE MIB2.5 IN WITH SOUND WORKING THIS TIME!
Amplifier was replaced and @simaservis1108 helped me remove component protection from it.
View attachment 265374

View attachment 265375

Also we hit the funni number
View attachment 265376
You have no idea how timely this is! My friend installed this exact setup by himself with the assistance of a discord group to make this happen.

Do you have any vertical lines running through the head-unit? It’s apparently a very common issue. How much did it cost all up for you? I plan to do the same thing as well but I’m going to purchase a set of 18” Pretoria’s 🥴

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
You have no idea how timely this is! My friend installed this exact setup by himself with the assistance of a discord group to make this happen.

Do you have any vertical lines running through the head-unit? It’s apparently a very common issue. How much did it cost all up for you? I plan to do the same thing as well but I’m going to purchase a set of 18” Pretoria’s 🥴
No vertical lines that I can see.

I bought the headunit and screen from @rrador. I think it was like $1,400USD.
Also had to buy an MIB2 Amplifier. Which @simaservis1108 coded for $100USD.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Wow that’s a big cost for the parts! My friend scored the whole lot for $650 AUD or $436 USD 😅 the virtual cluster is the next step yes or have you got that installed already?
Cluster has been in for a while now, you can see it in the milage part of the recent post.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Alright so I got the MIB2.5 in about 3 months ago, I forgot to post here. (EDIT I GUESS I DID POST HERE I JUST HAVE MEMORY LOSS)
IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

And just a few weeks ago I learned you can change the boxes on the home screen.

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

Though the navigation one can't be changed... or at least I don't have an option that supports switching out that screen.
Holding the icon on NAV just greys out the surrounding area as if it's supposed to be able to be modified, but it doesn't change anything.

Makes me wonder what else I am unaware of what this unit does.

@Cuzoe Did you know that you could do this?

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpg
    IMG_5054.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5051.jpg
    IMG_5051.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5056.jpg
    IMG_5056.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5053.jpg
    IMG_5053.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Haha... yes I knew. But it was at least a month before I figured out how to do it. I would see screenshots of different formats but didn't know how.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
IMG_7938.jpeg

So I took my car in yesterday for a carbon cleaning and oil change.

Drove it from the shop to my apartment and from my apartment to work today.

Returning from work my transmission felt weird and I lost power.
EPC light and CEL came on and I had no power steering or brakes and had to push the car to the gas station to wait 3 hours for AAA.

I did a scan with OBD11 and it said misfire in cylinder 3.
So I’m not really sure what to do and I’m really sad my car is hurt.

Going to be contacting the shop that did my carbon cleaning and oil change ASAP tomorrow morning.