GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hawke's Build

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
You’re right I forgot this is a 7.5 replica in place of a 7, wasn’t thinking.

Think for a second. How unreal this would look with these headlights. I know I’m all for OEM but this would look too unique in the Volkswagen group.

https://www.osram.com/am/light-for/led-lighting/ledriving-headlights/index.jsp

These headlights can be fitted to factory xenon-based golfs and I’m really tempted to get them. Although I think you lose features like AFS, automatic headlight levelling, etc (unconfirmed).

+ the Clubsport bumper = madness. Here’s a visual of it:

Can my factory front parking sensors be fitted to the club sport bumper?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Think for a second. How unreal this would look with these headlights. I know I’m all for OEM but this would look too unique in the Volkswagen group.

These headlights can be fitted to factory xenon-based golfs and I’m really tempted to get them. Although I think you lose features like AFS, automatic headlight levelling, etc (unconfirmed).

Here’s real photos of the visuals above, and the owners IG page

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIbCuNingMz/?utm_medium=copy_link

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado

That would be pretty damn unique.
I have to say though I don't know if I'm a fan of the OSRAMS, they look good but don't at the same time to me. I think the DRL is too thick compared to the OEM 7.5 lights.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
That would be pretty damn unique.
I have to say though I don't know if I'm a fan of the OSRAMS, they look good but don't at the same time to me. I think the DRL is too thick compared to the OEM 7.5 lights.
I see what you’re conveying here. It’s a love/hate approach on these headlights for myself too. They’re close to the 7.5 headlight appearance although not spot on... The indicators are not very sharp either and yes the DRL’s are too thick with a weird cloudy material. Also I think you lose some of the factory headlight module functions. I’m happy with my MK7 GTI front bumper fit but I’m not over the moon with it. I saw a Clubsport front end selling for £250 + postage and it went quite fast! It would’ve been $300 AUD shipment for myself.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
I keep going back to the Clubsport bumper. I’m not really having a fun time looking at my current GTI bumper, it looks outdated IMO. Do you know if the Clubsport can have front parking sensors fitted with just drilling the holes at the front as close as possible to the GTI parking sensor locations? I just found out that ordering via the dealership vs. ECS and ShopDAP may be cheaper, especially shipping costs for myself as Volkswagen covers shipment and those other places charge like $450 AUD!

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I keep going back to the Clubsport bumper. I’m not really having a fun time looking at my current GTI bumper, it looks outdated IMO. Do you know if the Clubsport can have front parking sensors fitted with just drilling the holes at the front as close as possible to the GTI parking sensor locations? I just found out that ordering via the dealership vs. ECS and ShopDAP may be cheaper, especially shipping costs for myself as Volkswagen covers shipment and those other places charge like $450 AUD!
Well if it's anything like our current bumpers, it will have the guide locations for it.

When I took off my bumper, and mind you I don't have the parking sensors, the inside had basically the mounting point and circle cutout already there on the bumper.

If you find out all those partnumbers and the total cost I'd be interested to potentially join you in ordering a clubsport bumper.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Well if it's anything like our current bumpers, it will have the guide locations for it.

When I took off my bumper, and mind you I don't have the parking sensors, the inside had basically the mounting point and circle cutout already there on the bumper.

If you find out all those partnumbers and the total cost I'd be interested to potentially join you in ordering a clubsport bumper.
The problem is, the Clubsport edition did not include front parking sensors at all; no option offered BUT on this MK8 here, it might be reflected on the MK7 https://youtube.com/shorts/mhMtf_-EMPU?feature=share. The parking sensors do not come pre-drilled from factory unfortunately. I might actually go a step further and request Volkswagen in Germany via my local dealer to drill the holes and have the brackets plastic welded into the bumper bar. I’ll report back with pricing and the rest.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Update: I’ve been quoted $2,195 US / $3,200 AUD, excluding the painting and labour costs. I can have labour costs reduced as I can install it myself.

Is it worth it for this epic facelift or no?

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Update: I’ve been quoted $2,195 US / $3,200 AUD, excluding the painting and labour costs. I can have labour costs reduced as I can install it myself.

Is it worth it for this epic facelift or no?
Roughly how much would a paint quote be?
And is that total including shipping?

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Shipping included and paint job would be $250-300 (varies in each shop) + $250-300 labour (cheaper if self-install). Prices in AUD.
Hmmmm.... your making me consider grabbing one. Though I wonder how much shipping would cost for me in the US.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Hmmmm.... your making me consider grabbing one. Though I wonder how much shipping would cost for me in the US.
That means putting down the idea of the MK7.5 front appearance.
I have a local distributor who manages the import tax and other additional fees.

The local distributor imports from one of the overseas shops such as https://m.oemvwshop.com/

Here’s my homework. The prices are in AUD and retrieved from that website. Look for yourself whether they’re legit or not:

Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport Front Bumper Parts

Example (Australian) VIN: VWVZZZAUZGW308957

Front bumper - 5G0807217LQGRU ($984.50)

LWR centre grille - 5G0853677AA041 ($387.71)

Front spoiler - 5G0805901041 ($510.40)

Spoiler retainer - 5G0805915N9B9 ($200)

Front LHS spoiler - 5G0805903G041

($117.32)

Front RHS spoiler - 5G0805904B041

($117.32)

Front plate LHS - 5G0853949G9B9

($53.90)

Front plate RHS - 5G0853950J9B9

($53.90)

Front grille LHS - 5G0807027041

($275)

Front grille RHS - 5G0807028041 ($275)

Bumper cover - 5G08071619B9 & 5G08071629B9 ($74)

Bumper duct rear - 5G0825323A ($61)

Bumper duct RHS - 5G08074069B9

($104)

Bumper LHS - 5G08074059B9 ($104)

LHS washer cap - 5G0955109BGRU ($15)

RHS washer cap - 5G0955110BGRU ($15)

I have the costs lowered as I’ve excluded the performance parts such as fender liners and ducts (I’m not doing track).

If you want the full set, refer to this:
https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-gti-clubsport-edition-bumper-conversion-5g0898217lqgrugrp.html

You have free shipping as well.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
That means putting down the idea of the MK7.5 front appearance.
I have a local distributor who manages the import tax and other additional fees.

The local distributor imports from one of the overseas shops such as https://m.oemvwshop.com/

Here’s my homework. The prices are in AUD and retrieved from that website. Look for yourself whether they’re legit or not:

Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport Front Bumper Parts

Example (Australian) VIN: VWVZZZAUZGW308957

Front bumper - 5G0807217LQGRU ($984.50)

LWR centre grille - 5G0853677AA041 ($387.71)

Front spoiler - 5G0805901041 ($510.40)

Spoiler retainer - 5G0805915N9B9 ($200)

Front LHS spoiler - 5G0805903G041

($117.32)

Front RHS spoiler - 5G0805904B041

($117.32)

Front plate LHS - 5G0853949G9B9

($53.90)

Front plate RHS - 5G0853950J9B9

($53.90)

Front grille LHS - 5G0807027041

($275)

Front grille RHS - 5G0807028041 ($275)

Bumper cover - 5G08071619B9 & 5G08071629B9 ($74)

Bumper duct rear - 5G0825323A ($61)

Bumper duct RHS - 5G08074069B9

($104)

Bumper LHS - 5G08074059B9 ($104)

LHS washer cap - 5G0955109BGRU ($15)

RHS washer cap - 5G0955110BGRU ($15)

I have the costs lowered as I’ve excluded the performance parts such as fender liners and ducts (I’m not doing track).

If you want the full set, refer to this:
https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-gti-clubsport-edition-bumper-conversion-5g0898217lqgrugrp.html

You have free shipping as well.
I'm looking at other places to get the parts from and some of them look cheaper, but I don't know how much shipping would add on.

And I'm really trying to find an image of a clubsport bumper with the 7.5 headlights and cannot find one for the life of me.

7.5 R front face is still kinda on the table.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
I'm looking at other places to get the parts from and some of them look cheaper, but I don't know how much shipping would add on.

And I'm really trying to find an image of a clubsport bumper with the 7.5 headlights and cannot find one for the life of me.

7.5 R front face is still kinda on the table.
I think if you’re going to add up the time of having to wait for a wrecked 7.5R and the cost; it might be more costlier.

7.5R headlights on a Clubsport will look nice but you defeat the 7th generation OEM appearance.