GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hawke's Build

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you mean by pricing. It did put me off too. Why not invest in a 7.5 instead? Those panels will tally up the budget real high. I’m also certain you’ll need to get a bonnet too.
Hood is not needed, hood is the same across all models.
I've already invested more than enough time an money into this car. It might as well be a 7.5 at this point.
And yeah I dunno if I'm actually gona get the R bumper. I really want to but I am doubting if I'm going to do it, unless I find one in a scrap yard or something and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for everything.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Hood is not needed, hood is the same across all models.
I've already invested more than enough time an money into this car. It might as well be a 7.5 at this point.
And yeah I dunno if I'm actually gona get the R bumper. I really want to but I am doubting if I'm going to do it, unless I find one in a scrap yard or something and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg for everything.
I spent $2,500 AUD on a full GTD front bumper appearance on my MK7 TDI. You will have lesser cost obtaining a second hand bumper but it will have imperfections; also minor paint indifference depending on how it was stored and maintained. They’re in high demand too. The Golf R front bumper definitely looks amazing. I would’ve gotten the Golf R front bumper although it would’ve made zero sense from a technical side of things having it on a diesel as it would’ve been downgraded to the ‘R-line’ model. The GTD grille looks nice IMO + in Australia there is no such thing as a MK7 GTD, so upon research in my country, I think I’ve accomplished the first MK7 GTD style wagon over here 😁

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I spent $2,500 AUD on a full GTD front bumper appearance on my MK7 TDI. You will have lesser cost obtaining a second hand bumper but it will have imperfections; also minor paint indifference depending on how it was stored and maintained. They’re in high demand too. The Golf R front bumper definitely looks amazing. I would’ve gotten the Golf R front bumper although it would’ve made zero sense from a technical side of things having it on a diesel as it would’ve been downgraded to the ‘R-line’ model. The GTD grille looks nice IMO + in Australia there is no such thing as a MK7 GTD, so upon research in my country, I think I’ve accomplished the first MK7 GTD style wagon over here 😁
Well either way with obtaining a secondhand 7.5 R bumper I'd need to repaint it and color match it regardless.
But I wish a simple bumper swap wouldn't be this expensive to begin with lol.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Well either way with obtaining a secondhand 7.5 R bumper I'd need to repaint it and color match it regardless.
But I wish a simple bumper swap wouldn't be this expensive to begin with lol.
I’m going even further in thought and wondering why Volkswagen made such a subtle change to begin with. It’s almost identical to the MK7…

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
I’m going even further in thought and wondering why Volkswagen made such a subtle change to begin with. It’s almost identical to the MK7…
Yeah, interesting choice on their part. Instead of just making the front bumper styled different and keep the original shape they decided to redo basically the whole front end.

I guess they don’t want MK7s looking like 7.5s with ease lol

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Yeah, interesting choice on their part. Instead of just making the front bumper styled different and keep the original shape they decided to redo basically the whole front end.

I guess they don’t want MK7s looking like 7.5s with ease lol
It’s to stop people like you and I from restyling our cars without affordability *cries in Italian*.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
It’s to stop people like you and I from restyling our cars without affordability *cries in Italian*.
It's a damn shame lol.

I just want to be that one two door GTI with a facelift R bumper to confuse the fuck outa everyone.
It'll happen one day.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
Il
It's a damn shame lol.

I just want to be that one two door GTI with a facelift R bumper to confuse the fuck outa everyone.
It'll happen one day.
l’ll back you anytime of the year. I really wanted that Clubsport GTI bumper but I have to save that expectation on another style for another year. All the best with your endeavour.

Righteousness

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 Sportswagen
It’s intriguing but at that price it’s giving me a bad taste. As most bumper covers alone are the same price or more than the total cost of the kit.
In comparison to ECS and DAP, it’s more affordable although the shipping is what kills it. Not sure about the quality though with fitment. It doesn’t contain front parking sensor pre-drill holes and that’s across every Clubsport for some stupid reason. So you would think at a price higher than the R that it would have this common safety feature…

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
In comparison to ECS and DAP, it’s more affordable although the shipping is what kills it. Not sure about the quality though with fitment. It doesn’t contain front parking sensor pre-drill holes and that’s across every Clubsport for some stupid reason. So you would think at a price higher than the R that it would have this common safety feature…
It also looks like it’s missing the VW emblem too.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
You are correct. It would be the badge-less appearance. It won’t be a hassle swapping over the current front grille and sell the one you receive on Facebook marketplace or similar.
You’re right I forgot this is a 7.5 replica in place of a 7, wasn’t thinking.