GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hawk HPS vs. Endless SSM-Plus vs. Winmax W1

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Now that I know which pads fit my Brembo brakes, have narrowed it down to the following:
Hawk HPS
Endless SSM-Plus
Winmax W1

All are "rated" for what I would be using my car for. But was hoping to hear some input from any users on how well they like them for spirited daily driving.

My biggest concerns are cold weather noise. The Brembo pads I have now are embarrassingly loud in the cold and still squeak some once warmed up (have greased them up properly. correctly bedded, etc).
Obviously the Hawk HPS are the easiest to obtain (and probably most reviewed of the three from my Google searching). They seem like solid performers but again, wanting to hear some fellow MK7 owners input on their noise, especially in freezing and lower temps.

DThissen

Ready to race!
How did you like their overall performance? How was the dust?
Sorry for the late reply. Dust wasn't too bad (more or less the same as the factory FRS pads), performance was okay for about 3 flying laps at a local track before they started to fade. They were great for daily, easy to modulate, good bite and quiet.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
HPS have been around a long time. I used to use the HP Plus… a little more street/track oriented… would hold up better at the track than HPS but would still fade after a good 20 minute push. The HP Plus also were loud, very dusty and harsh on rotors around town.
I switched over to Porterfield R4S (also been around a while) for street/track use and they have similar operating temperatures to the HP Plus but are easy on rotors, low dust and quiet. I know Porterfield will cut you a pad if you send them a backing plate… but look into the R4S as an alternative if it’s readily available.