GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has to be a BT Subie... right?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Hard to say with the Subaru platform. Their forums are ass, and a lot of the cars make either 300whp or 600whp and there’s not much in-between lol. A lot of it depends how brave the guys are with their tune. From what I understand if you keep the torque in check >350lbft you can maintain decent top end performance without blowing the motor. That is on a stock motor of course.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
lol i was not in 6th gear

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
DSG has a 6th gear, no?

If he had it in manual in 6th gear would a DSG that wasn't tuned downshift if you floor it in 6th gear manual mode if you were going a slower speed? Just curious. I wouldn't do it in mine but I wonder if it has protection built in to avoid severely lugging the motor.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If he had it in manual in 6th gear would a DSG that wasn't tuned downshift if you floor it in 6th gear manual mode if you were going a slower speed? Just curious. I wouldn't do it in mine but I wonder if it has protection built in to avoid severely lugging the motor.
I've actually tried that and it does downshift to the lowest possible gear if you hit the kickdown. The DSG tune removes this feature.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I was just throwing out other possible explanations 😆

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I had a wrx attempt to play tonight and it must have been stock or just and intake/tune.

Its very rare to come across one that’ll put up a good fight

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
my 07 hawkeye WRX wagon with a Vf43 (STI turbo) on a cobb protune easily made 330 on a safe tune (44mm tiAL external wastegate, dump tube, 750 injectors). Not hard to get a subie to make 400.

IIRC, when they moved from the wagon to the hatch (08), they gave it a worse turbo, so hatch owners had to upgrade the turbo just to get "back to normal". I think they fixed that with the 2012s