GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone tried these Koni Active Shock Absorbers?

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
I am changing my standard rear shocks on my new Golf 7.5 TSI GT1.5 Evo for the Koni Special Active shock absorbers. Has anyone else fitted ever tried these?

The reason for the change is that I do believe that the Sachs rear shock absorbers that were so troublesome in terms of the rattle that plagued so many MK7 owners from way back in 2014 are still to some extent noisy over rougher surfaces, potholes, sharp ridges etc. Given my issues that I documented on my website www.vwgolfmk7problems.uk I am taking no chances.

On my previous GTI I changed out the original for Bilstein B4's that immediately resolved the noise, rattle, call it whatever you like issue but now I see in a VW magazine the Koni Active type being advertised and reviewed. I will be changing to them next week and am hoping these will be as good as the advertising. I will post again next week my opinion of these but in the meantime if anyone has a comment I would be happy to hear from them.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Good move for an improved riding experience. I have not tried those specific konis, but those look like really nice struts. I did replace my struts with Koni sport yellows and have been extremely satisfied with comfort and right amount of dampening. I did used to experience a clunk from the rear on pot holes with the old struts; however, replaced due to decreased dampening performance in rears after 20,000 miles of use being slightly lowered by an inch. Do report pack on your impressions of the Koni active dampers.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I just installed them actually and theyre great! car feels very predictable and consistent... far less body roll

Ride stiffness did increase but not to a point where it wasnt worth the benefits. I would definitely give them a go. They are indeed based on the same tech as FSD...

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
I put Koni FSD shocks on my 2008 Skoda Octavia VRS (very similar to a Golf GTI Mk5 but with a wagon body).

Much smoother ride over bumps at lower speeds, but firmed up noticeably at highway speeds. These "special active" shocks look like they have the same technology.

Davisflyer

Passed Driver's Ed
I put Koni FSD's on my Mini Cooper S and it gave a much better ride without sacrificing on handling. I would assume the new versions (red) are even better.

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
Koni Active fitted to rear - excellent

I am changing my standard rear shocks on my new Golf 7.5 TSI GT1.5 Evo for the Koni Special Active shock absorbers. Has anyone else fitted ever tried these?

The reason for the change is that I do believe that the Sachs rear shock absorbers that were so troublesome in terms of the rattle that plagued so many MK7 owners from way back in 2014 are still to some extent noisy over rougher surfaces, potholes, sharp ridges etc. Given my issues that I documented on my website www.vwgolfmk7problems.uk I am taking no chances.

On my previous GTI I changed out the original for Bilstein B4's that immediately resolved the noise, rattle, call it whatever you like issue but now I see in a VW magazine the Koni Active type being advertised and reviewed. I will be changing to them next week and am hoping these will be as good as the advertising. I will post again next week my opinion of these but in the meantime if anyone has a comment I would be happy to hear from them.

After fitting the Koni Active's to the rear and I am very satisfied with the them. No more curious rattle or knocking sound as you can hear from the original Sach's. I have covered 2000 miles in the past couple of months over a variety of roads in Europe and the ride with these is very good. I would certainly fit them again and would recommend them as a great alternative to the factory fitted ones.

Last edited:

GPL

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf 1.5
Hi Fuelboss
Can you confirm part numbers for these shocks please.
I have a 2018 golf R-Line 1.5 tsi evo.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Can't go wrong with any of konis offering.

My koni sports haven't made much difference, being as they've been on a shelf in my garage, but I did use them on my last 2 Miatas. They held up to some real abuse and are still on a buddy's car.

GPL

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf 1.5
I think these are the ones i need.?

Part Number: 8245-1327