Has anyone traded in a tuned Golf R?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I agree, we aren’t going to agree.

Round and round... you keep stating ”duty to disclose”... like Tort Law lives in the realm of black and white.

I’ve only argued one thing, consistently, you’re the one that keeps assuming things and making things up.

The thought that someone would argue that visibly identifiable and normal external wear on a car that any used car dealer could identify and quantify is equal to something intentionally done to an ECU that only a small amount of dealers could identify is the same thing... that’s only in your mind.

You probably haven’t considered the Reasonable or Prudent Man standard/standard business procedure (in this case a normal used car dealer and how they process a used car trade irregardless of make) and if ECU scanning isn’t a normal and standard business process/procedure for trades.

Especially that the vast majority of used dealers don’t have access to this software.

Bye. I’m out.

Good grief. VW dealers have access to this software. All of them. It was not a used car lot, not a Toyota dealership, not Mary a single mother of 3.

Was the information regarding the tune accessible to the buyer of my car? Yes.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What if the car is out of Warranty should people still cost themselves trade in value with declarations against their own best interest?

Then it doesn't matter if the car is TD1'd. Should people still be forthcoming with the dealer even though the dealer has the opportunity to check but simply doesn't?

I'm curious about people's moral sense when it's their pocket vs.the dealers. Oh and the dealer themselves would likely take you for a ride(metaphorically) if given the opportunity in reverse.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
What if the car is out of Warranty should people still cost themselves trade in value with declarations against their own best interest?

Then it doesn't matter if the car is TD1'd. Should people still be forthcoming with the dealer even though the dealer has the opportunity to check but simply doesn't?

I'm curious about people's moral sense when it's their pocket vs.the dealers. Oh and the dealer themselves would likely take you for a ride(metaphorically) if given the opportunity in reverse.

If your car is out of the 5/60 there is no damage because there is no assumption of warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.