GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone sold their mk7 yet?

tom1

Ready to race!
I'm thinking of selling my SE 1.6TDI in exchange for the GTI/R model. How easy should it be to shift the car? Its 10 months old and has 11,000 miles on the clock so far, pearl black paint and its also the DSG auto.

Part exchange is not an option because I no longer owe any money on the car so I'd lose way too much going down that route, I expect VW would offer me in the region of 12-13k where as I expect as a private sale I could get around 16-18? I paid 23.5k new

Any advice would be great, thanks!

jimble1

Ready to race!
Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll get anywhere near £16-18k due to the deals available on new cars that are available, i personally would shop around for a decent dealer trade in, i got more for my mk6 GTI from my dealer than i'd have got if i'd sold private.

GC854

Ready to race!
Tom I would certainly talk to your dealer and see what price you can get. Mk7s are not yet that common on used car lots and you might get a pleasant surprise as you have a car that I'm sure a dealer would shift easily and as such they would be happy to take it. However your main problem might be that the dealer is unwilling to give you a price now as your new car will have a long lead time. During the wait your car will drop in value.

I agree with Jimble that you are unlikely to get 16-18. A car loses most of its value in the first year of ownership. I would guess, and it is a guess that 14 might be more realistic as a top price. Autotrader currently have a number of SE DSGs for sale under a year old from 14.7 to 16k. These are on sake at dealers with warranty. A private sale would have to undercut these prices. Check out Autotrader on line and you will get a feel for the market.

Good luck

tom1

Ready to race!
Well my plan is to sell my mk7 golf and my 2012 Polo GTI in exchange for a MK7 GTI or possible a mk7 R, It looks like 14,000 is what I can get from sites such as "we buy any car"

I guess its time to haggle with a dealer and see what type of deal we can come up with.

The other problem is of course the value of the car will drop as I wait for a mk7 GTI or R, but I'd be happy to take a used one......if any dealer can actually find one in the colour/spec I want

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
I had a 2013 2.0 GT TDi.
14000 miles. Dealer bought it from me for £18000.
I owed £16900 on a VW solutions plan....... so £1100 cash back.

( used a bit of savings to buy an Audi A3 TDi outright )

Why? Wife just took delivery of a GTD , and my GT was 2nd best in it's shadow.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
Tom - get a fixed trade in price from your dealer so you don't lose our waiting. I did that with my old car and pleased I did as the gtd took nearly 6 months to come.

tom1

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience buying an ex demo car? I spoke to a sales guy at VW and they have a Golf R that is due to go on sale at the end of July, it also has a lot of optional extras and they are willing to negotiate a good price.

I we didn't set any agreement for part ex or anything yet as he needs to have a talk with some manager who was off today, they are willing to part ex my golf but maybe not my polo. Current wait time for a GTI factory order is 6-8 months and the same for the R

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience buying an ex demo car? I spoke to a sales guy at VW and they have a Golf R that is due to go on sale at the end of July, it also has a lot of optional extras and they are willing to negotiate a good price.

I we didn't set any agreement for part ex or anything yet as he needs to have a talk with some manager who was off today, they are willing to part ex my golf but maybe not my polo. Current wait time for a GTI factory order is 6-8 months and the same for the R

I had an ex demo for my Mk6, lots of extras but they were things I wanted or at least grew to like. Mk7 ex demo option at me dealer had EVERYTHING on it (£33k GTD?!?); a load of stuff I really wasn't interested in, they offered me a good deal on it but I was still able to get a new car with the bits I wanted for far less.

short answer: just be careful you don't waste a hard negotiated discount on extras your not going to value.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Current wait time for a GTI factory order is 6-8 months and the same for the R

I don't believe that - I would say half that time is more accurate judging by the cars coming through for members on another forum that were ordered a few months ago. GTI's are now much quicker to get hold of than the GTD.

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!

I tried buying a demo GTD, the interest rate was higher on the used car, meaning a new GTD worked out about £50 a month cheaper on Solutions.

I know there's a waiting list, but I tried phoning three dealers and found 2 who had per- ordered cars which were already being built. Got the car in my choice of colour in less than a fortnight

tom1

Ready to race!
I have actually found a GTI for sale right now at a dealer around 70 miles away from me, the price as it is right now at 32.5k is reasonable considering the optional extras it has, but im sure they will come down on that as the car already has some swirl marks visible in the pictures (Pear black)