GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hardwire & Hidden Wire Dashcam Install

sabo

Ready to race!
Took some great DIY guides posted on this forum and decided to pay it forward. I chose to completely hide the wire out of complete sight. Also, as some others have done, I chose not to cross the A pillar trim seam as to avoid crossing over the air bag, so this might be of interest to some. I did not have remove any trim either, except the side access panel. I'll update when I finish off the 12V supply hardwire.

Drop box link below. Note: You don't need to sign up for a drop box account, just skip to download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cnz8mpt8aehwhg/Dash Cam Hardwired Install - Golf R '16 MK7 copy.pdf?dl=0

updated here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16872

Last edited:

mkygod

Ready to race!
I use a dashcam and I just run down the passenger side with no need to remove any panels. There's a gap between the top of the front window and ceiling, just large enough to squeeze a cable into, and run it down the inner rubber seals by the door, then underneath the glove compartment, and then finally down the middle panel gaps, left of the passenger seat and into the glove box 12volt connector. You'll need like a 10 ft cable. It was much easier than I thought i'd be.

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
I use a dashcam and I just run down the passenger side with no need to remove any panels. There's a gap between the top of the front window and ceiling, just large enough to squeeze a cable into, and run it down the inner rubber seals by the door, then underneath the glove compartment, and then finally down the middle panel gaps, left of the passenger seat and into the glove box 12volt connector. You'll need like a 10 ft cable. It was much easier than I thought i'd be.

There's a 12-volt connector in the glove box? If you do your method, did you not have to bother with using an add-a-fuse?

jimboski10

Ready to race!

Would be interested in photos of where you ran electrical. I can run the cable...but not incredible savvy at where to get the power from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
I have a 2019 GOLF SE
Using a UNIDEN R3 secured to window with Uniden Suction Cup Mount....

How can I learn how to access 12V Power Source in Overhead Module
where interior light controls are located.

Thanks, Chuck S Auburn,WA