GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hard to heel toe in 2019 mk7.5

philg07

SRP racing is the way to go. Brian is quick to respond to emails and makes a great product at a reasonable price.

dtran11

Go Kart Newbie
I still can't decide between the Rennline and SRPracing. Money is not an issue. I just want the best one.

SRPracing looks it might be slippery in the winter.

Thoughts?

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
It can get a little slippery at times if your foot slides towards the edge on the SRP ones. Not sure if you can make in out in my picture but there is a solid border on each of the pedals. I haven't worried about it much. If I feel a little slip I run my feet over the floor mat and try to hit the pedals more dead on rather than off to the side.

You can always ask Brian to make them without the trim rings so that the grid pattern covers the whole pedal. Just tell him you are worried about slipping off and want them grippier but keep the trim ring on the gas pedal so you can slip on and off during shifts.

No experience with the Rennline ones but they might be grippier if the dimples are rubber.

dtran11

Go Kart Newbie
It can get a little slippery at times if your foot slides towards the edge on the SRP ones. Not sure if you can make in out in my picture but there is a solid border on each of the pedals. I haven't worried about it much. If I feel a little slip I run my feet over the floor mat and try to hit the pedals more dead on rather than off to the side.

You can always ask Brian to make them without the trim rings so that the grid pattern covers the whole pedal. Just tell him you are worried about slipping off and want them grippier but keep the trim ring on the gas pedal so you can slip on and off during shifts.

No experience with the Rennline ones but they might be grippier if the dimples are rubber.
Thanks for your feedback.

I just received and installed these clutch stop today. I'm short so they help a lot. I took out two metal washer just in case, to get full clutch release.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-AUDI-PE...6?pageci=3d97c128-2d33-4fcc-91b5-eb3614f1eeee

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
I put the WCT pedal spacer in and it makes heel toe driving possible. If they gave us a gas pedal that that was hinged on the floor like the old days, you wouldn't need any spacers - and actually use your heel on the gas.
Yeah, I'm old...

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Just ordered the WCT and full Rennline set. Thanks

The wct thing is a waste of money, imo if you're using the Rennline pedal for the gas. You can just put spacers on longer mounting screws to raise the new pedal up off the old one. I've adjusted mine 3 or 4 times until I got it exactly right.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I want to do something about these stock pedals.

They're incredibly slippery when you have a dirt/grass/gravel driveway, or simply step in something in a parking lot.

I've notice that too. They are really slippery if your shoes are damp in the slightest.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I've notice that too. They are really slippery if your shoes are damp in the slightest.

Yeah, the first time my foot slipped off I was thinking something needs to be done, but there's always an issue with that.

If you get the best thing for slippery conditions (punched sheet metal), you'll tear up your shoes. If you get the best thing for comfort and appearance with driving shoes (stock), it won't be as slip resistant.

This is one of those times where a plain old ribbed rubber pedal cap is a fine answer. The stock units are arranged improperly; in other words, incorrect... Wrong.

If they want the aesthetic wow factor, use an aluminum pedal with a deep, vertically ribbed cap. Done.

VW is clever, buy they do not know better than 150 years of trial and error. There's a reason nearly all pedals look like that. You can slip down if you're really greasy, but not sideways.

The base Golf pedals are a better design for casual shoes/boots. I might just move to those. Kudos to VW for giving one a bit of room around the pedals, though. My Danner Mountain Light II boots haven't interfered once the entire time I've owned the car, and they're Norwegian welt construction.

tkmn

I don't understand the need for pedal extenders/covers and the WCT spacer on the Mk 7. I've found it to be one of the nicest factory setups I've owned. I can easily match rpms on a downshift up into the 5k rpm range. I tried the WCT spacer and got rid of it in less than a day - I had no need to hit redline on my downshifts. I guess it must be different driving styles and the way people position their feet on the pedals. I find the stock Mk 7 pedals spacing to be just about perfect.